Cheers!!!

The flow of time doesn't stop, and we must ask ourselves what is truly the concept of said time. It is a construct that means so much to people. At times it means too much, and others too little.

Every year there is an end and a beginning, both are different from each other yet they are the same. The same can be said for both. That they are constructs of time that people value. As the clocks strike twelve, people know another year has passed. Memories will be left behind in favor for new ones, and experiences of life lessons carried on to the next four seasons to pass. What are we to do with the past year as we look to the next?

As the clock moves closer to the twelve, will our lives truly change? 

Perhaps they will. Perhaps the feeling of being able to restart a whole 365 days brings some sort of motivation to people. 

This new year is brought forward by the construct of time that was conceived by humans. Humans who have thieved, begged, lied, and cheated one another; but have also saved, loved, treasured, and healed one another. 

The new year can only be hoped to be something different than the last. However, maybe people fail to realize that only others can truly change the way a year goes. A new year is equal to a chance for people to change. A new year is another period of time for people to prove that they can change. As more and more years pass by, time shows to be the proof of our mistakes and struggles. We, as humans, and people, must educate ourselves on what it means to learn from our mistakes. 

I have things I need to change, I need to be able to change in order to make change. A year can only change when the days are different from each other, and months differentiating from weeks.

A new year, must mean change.

If the date of our century changes and marks a new age in history while we are still alive and well, we must bring about the change that is worthy to be seen in the future; where our predecessors will learn of the things we have done.

Here is to the next year.

Heres to the next big change.