Special Hours

"It's likely that tomorrow business needs to start up again." I comment to my baristas as we eat breakfast at eleven in the morning.

"It depends on the roads tomorrow, plus, I don't think that many people will be here," The male barista put up quotations around the word people for emphasis.

"The roads are fine. Be careful of what you say, even if they aren't people they are to be respected," The female barista scolded while pointing her fork at him.

I nodded along to her words and finished my food.

"That being said, do you think you're ready for the business to start up tomorrow boss?" The male barista put away our dishes.

"It'll be as it will, last night the almighty played a prank on me, so right now I'm more than prepared for something to happen at this point and time." I sigh through my nose and relax onto the couch in front of the café window.

The sun reflects brightly off of the snow and the road is a black color of sludge from the dirt on the wheels of cars. Up on the top level where I sleep and store books are my backpacks that contain what I need in order to leave while the café starts it's business hours.

Tomorrow will be as it will, rough patches and all. Perhaps I will have to leave, and perhaps I will not. Nonetheless I cue the music and the café springs into a buzz.

Music flows as the baristas begin their work inside the storage room. I of course make sure that the chairs and tables are clean and comfy.

Special spirits like Wukong and Reaper along with death, time and the almighty are allowed whenever they wish, doing whatever whenever. Whether or not I am there they are allowed to come inside. However, normal spirits, like other reapers, of other spirits are only allowed while I am awake and on the lower levels, where I can see them clearly and make sure nothing is tampered with. Today's first spirits appear to be jack frost and mother nature. I have no real preference with them, preferring to believe more in the realm of reapers and the almighty more.

Mother Nature is kind though, and she sits down across from the Jack Frost as he orders something I don't catch but the male barista does. I clean up the bookshelf as a few more spirits, welcome themselves in and enjoy the atmosphere. I don't pay attention to them and continue to arrange the books and clean things up around the café and help make drinks.

I never get close, and I never leave. Wukong arrives at the same time as his friends do and they sit down at a booth in the corner. After a while many of the spirits leave and the small group of animal spirits are left with Wukong. Reaper arrives at the same time I decide to close the shop, and he isn't alone.

Reaper opens the door for the Almighty, who walks in and brings about a cold warm atmosphere. In the corner where Wukong sits, his friends simper down and bow their heads. Wukong stands up and stands in front of the Almighty.

I smile at Reaper as he nods my way and we watch the encounter of two very different powers.

With a serious face, Wukong regards the entity in front of him before it appears to shake his hand that is outstretched.

 The café falls under a nicer silence as the Almighty sits down at a table by itself and waits for the other two spirits I know well to arrive. Reaper and Wukong sit with each other and Wukong's group leaves after a glance from him.

Time and death arrive promptly. and it seems as if the Almighty and the other two decided to drink something nice.

I serve everyone their orders and sit back down with my baristas.

"It seems like everyone is doing fine." The female barista says.

The male barista nods and eats a bit of his own brownie.

"I think everyone has found a place to spend their time, and that my café, Andantellica appears to be the nicest place for all of you eternal spirits to feel the best at. Well, all except the Almighty, who feels best everywhere simply because it just is." I smile at my workers as the shake their heads with their own grins.

The Almighty has a good feeling to it, and I know it agrees with what I've said.