2ϟ1

2.2.2020

It's been a while since Luke had a good night sleep.

His sleeping schedule for the past few months has been constructed from a few minutes at a time that would add up to two or three hours per night.

Luke's foster family was worried about his health so they made him see a doctor. He didn't want to go but he respected them enough to honor their wish.

It only took fifteen minutes for Luke to realize he was destroying himself with his lifestyle. Not that he cared that much about his wellbeing he just wanted to protect the one thing he needed right now. His brains.

Instead of junk food, he started to eat heathier so he had enough energy to work on his case against Trevor and Jace Wellington.

He could only sleep when he thought about Michael sleeping next to him. His warm body pressed against his. Michael loving him.

It only took Michael not hating him to make him sleep for more than three hours at the time.

When he woke up the last waking up alarm went off and Michael was no longer in the cell.

Luke didn't see him later in the bathrooms or during breakfast.

He sat at his usual table and soon enough Jon and Tristan sat next to him.

"Do you want something?" Luke asked carefully. He was annoyed and didn't want to talk to them at all but he was in a prison and even the prisoners who were two heads shorter than him did commit a crime.

"Will you play tomorrow? It's poker night."

Luke looked at them. "Not sure. Why?"

"Since Clifford doesn't want to play we'd like to know if we can bet on you."

"That's your decision to make. If you do bet on me and I lose it won't be my fault. It'll be yours."

"Listen here-"

"Is there a problem?" A large guy showed up behind Luke in the same second Tristan raised his voice.

Luke wasn't sure who was he addressing. If judging by the way both men disappeared quickly, it wasn't he who should be worried.

"Thank you?" Luke more asked than said.

The man just nodded and sat in front of Luke with his tray filled with food. "I'm Steve. Clifford wanted me to tell you that he's waiting for you at the gym."

Luke wasn't even half finished with his breakfast and was ready to leave the room.

"Wait." Steve stopped him. "Eat your breakfast and then leave. Make sure nobody sees you and if they do make them think you went to the toilets. Okay?"

Luke nodded and ate his breakfast. It's not that it was any good to begin with, and after hearing that Michael was waiting for him it just made him nauseous.

He knew Jon and Tristan were definitely watching him leave but luckily no one was in the hallway seeing him not go back to his cell.

Michael was sitting on a running machine, eating an apple and staring at an empty wall.

"I called Calum," Michael informed him before Luke could even say hi. "In general this prison is safe from my uncle but we still need to be cautious."

Luke sat on the rowing machine and therefore he was much lower than Michael so he had to look up.

"What do you mean safe?"

"This prison's biggest sponsor is the man that owns the biggest casino in the city. I've met him before and he hates my uncle's guts. It was a few months after I got here when I've learned he was the one who arranged for me to come here. We once sat down and I told him a few business secrets and now guards sometimes do me a favor. Though we can never be too sure. He can have a man sitting here just to spy on me."

The genius in the room had thought about that before. Every day he made sure there were no cameras or other bugs in their shared prison cell.

"Can we trust Steve?"

"Steve owes me more than he could ever repay me. So yes."

"Okay. If you trust him, I do too."

Michael knew Luke wasn't a trusting person so that meant a lot coming from him.

"I need you to tell me the details of your case because I and Calum will only have half an hour since we didn't schedule an official lawyer-client meeting. I told him to catch up with Mali-Koa so we could get to the business."

"My case or my case on your uncle?"

"We first need to deal with my uncle and then with your sentence."

Luke was too nervous to sit so he stood up and started walking up and down. "What about your case and your sentence?"

"I tried to rob a casino. The best we can do is to find justice for the man who's responsible for not only lying to me but obstructing justice too. If he would do the right thing my mother would still be alive. We have to win one battle at the time to win the war."

So Luke did what Michael asked.

He revealed his theory and how he found out there was a missing shareholder on the documents of the casino. The shares that had never been transitioned from Michael's father to either the board or his brother. Luke had found out there was no legal document found so the shares went to Trevor Wellington.

Luke imposed as a lawyer and had also found proof that Michael's dad did write a will. He also learned where the will was kept a secret from Michael's mum when she was still alive. When he found out it was missing he knew where to look for it.

When their little meeting was over and they had to go back to their cells Luke stopped Michael.

"I heard there's a poker night tomorrow. A few guys asked me to play. Will you be playing?"

"I'll be meeting Calum then. So you can win tomorrow and gain some people on your side. I will be playing on Friday so think twice if you're ready to lose."

Michael actually smiled at Luke before he left and Luke knew today will be another restful night for him.

ϟϟϟ

I feel so much better when muke are plotting together, sleeping well. Being muke.

I'd just like to quickly point out that I've forgotten to transfer my document where I plan my stories before deleting everything off my old computer so if any names don't add up please don't be mad. (:

Thoughts?

Luke sleeping better?

Do you think it's more important that Michael and Luke get out of the prison or for Michael's uncle to get behind the bars?

Love, Lucija ♡