Chapter Four

Shraddha's POV

"We're fine..." I say.

"Shraddha come on please agree. Mum won't be happy if you don't come." Jacqueline says adamantly.

I sigh.

"Di?" Alia looks at me.

"Fine." I sigh.

"Great after uni you guys go get your things and then we'll go home." Taapsee says happily.

"Okay then. I better get to class." Jacqueline and I walk to class when Varun and Sidharth approach us.

Jacqueline and Sidharth go to their Maths class and Varun and I go to our Religious studies class.

"Hi miss perfect." Varun grins.

I roll my eyes. "What do you want?"

We go into class "Right class guys I want you to get on with your assignments." The teacher says.

We all start getting on with our work. "So you know your the first girl that I'm actually attracted to." Varun says.

"What?"

"Yeah every other girl I've liked has turned out to be those girls who have high standards and expect too much. Normally girls are all over me your the first girl that hasn't given me attention. I quite like that." He smiles.

"Well get used to it." I say looking into the text book.

"We started off the wrong way, can we start again?" He asks sounding genuine.

"I'll think about it. Now do some work I'm not going to do this assignment all by myself you know." I state.

"Not until we start again. Friends?" He extends his hand.

"Only Friends." I shake his hand.

"So Shradhs you research and I'll start the PowerPoint." He types on the laptop.

"Shradhs?" I say amused.

"My nickname for you." He smiles.

I chuckle.

"So class I'm just going to question you about your family and how your lifestyle is at home. Who shall I start off with?......Miss Khan." She looks at me.

"Umm..."

"What is your relationship like with your mum?" She asks.

I get sudden flashbacks and my eyes fill up. How am I supposed to answer her question when I haven't seen my mum in ages.

"Miss Khan?"

"I....I'm sorry..." I get up and leave. Tears spill out my eyes. Suddenly I fell a hand on my shoulder.

I look up to see Varun. "You Okay?" He asks handing me a tissue.

"Thanks." I sniff.

"Are you ok?"

"No..." I burst into tears and hug him.

"Why did you leave?"

"I hate it when someone asks me about my mum. Why can't people just mind their own business not everyone has a Mum by their side!" I exclaim.

"My mum and dad split up when I was little. I live with my dad with no clue of who my mum is. I have little flashbacks but they don't help much. I know she's out there somewhere sometimes I wish I could just find her." I let my feelings out.

"Why don't you try look for her then?" He says.

"How?" I ask.

"Internet. I could find out for you if you want?" He says comfortingly.

I get out his embrace and nod.

"I just need to tell me....."

Alia's POV

Uni finally ends. I wait for Shraddha and I see her talking to Varun. Wait she's talking to Varun! That's weird. She hugs him and then walks towards me with a huge smile on her face.

"Alu!!!" She squeals hugging me.

"Di are you feeling ok? You hugged Varun!" I say awkwardly.

"Alia he's helping me find mum." She says.

"What? That's not a good idea." I warn her.

"Why not? Alia wouldn't you wanna meet mum just once?"

"Yeah but we can't. We live with Dad the reason we don't know who our mum is, is because Dad doesn't want us to know and I think it's best that we forget her. Dads both our mum and dad." I state.

"You seriously wanna forget and not even bother to try find out who the person is that's the reason we're in this world. The person who gave birth to us Alia?" She says in an annoyed tone.

"I'm just thinking about Dad and he-"

"Look if we find mum we can find out why they broke up. And if they meet again the might get back together." She says with hope.

"Di are you sure?"

"100 %"

We meet Jacqueline and Taapsee and go home to get our things. Shraddha goes into dads room and goes through his things.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"They're might be a picture of mum somewhere!"

"Di seriously! Jacqueline and Taapsee are waiting let's go." I pull her arm.

We go to Jacqueline and Taapsee's house and are greeted by their mum. She hugs me and I get a weird feeling.

"I'm so glad both of you agreed to stay here. It's better than you two staying alone." Their Mum says.

"So what would you girls like to eat?" She asks.

"Anything Aunty." We smile.

"Let me guess Pasta?" She asks.

Shraddha's face brightens. "My favourite!"

She suddenly gets a call.

"What?!" She exclaims.

Will Shraddha and Varun find Aishwariya? Who did Shraddha get a call from?

Keep reading....

~ S & A