Chapter Thirty Eight

Varun's POV

"Papa! Papa!" I turn to see Jia run towards me as mum approaches me.

"Shall we go?" Mum asks.

"Papa!" Jia calls out to me.

I hate ignoring her I really do. It breaks my heart.

"Aww look at this cutie." Mum smiles looking at Jia. "He's not your papa baby." Mum says as Jia puts her hands out to me.

"My papa!" She makes her 'about to cry' face.

"Yeah she's very cute, must have inherited all her cuteness from her dad. Let's go now." I say as I can't bear to see her cry, luckily I see Sid walking towards us.

"No I think she's lost."

As mum goes to pick her up Sidharth quickly picks her up. "There you are! You little monster! Running away from me!"

I sigh and gesture Sidharth to go.

"Are you her Dad?" Mum asks him.

He looks at me. "Probably." I answer for him.

"Yes." He says awkwardly.

"She's so adorable. Take care of her. By cutie." Mum smiles and kisses Jia.

Sidharth walks off with Jia.

"I can't wait till I have a cute granddaughter like that."

"She is your granddaughter." I mutter.

"What was that?" Mum questions.

"Oh nothing." I scratch the back of my head. "Shall we go?"

Shraddha's POV

Sid comes back with Jia. "Did Varun's mum see her?"

"Yeah she just said she's adorable. I quickly took her and left." He gives her to me.

"You stay with Mumma every second! Your not to move out of my sight!" I exclaim.

"Papa." She says with a pout.

"Papa will come see you later baby." I softly say.

"Baby you have to stay with Mumma or do you want to come to Jacqs Masi?" Jacqueline asks her.

She puts her hands out to Jacqueline.

"Aww my sweetie pie!" Jacqueline takes her.

The only people that can pacify Jia when she's upset most times are her Masi's or her Dad.

"Who wants ice cream?" I try cheer her up.

"Meee!"

"Okay Jacqs Masi let's get Jia some of her favourite strawberry ice cream?"

"Let's go!"

We sit at a dessert parlour while Jia happily eats her strawberry ice cream. Soon Taapsee joins us with her new born Raj.

"What did Prem say?" I ask her.