Chapter Eight

Taapsee's POV

I snatch the paper of Prem before Shraddha takes it off him.

"This is blank Prem!" I say scrunching it up and tossing it in my bag.

"You know what Prem thanks but it really doesn't matter." Shraddha says sighing.

I pull Prem to the side.

"Did you know what was on this?"

"No I just found out it was blank now."

"Oh yeah. Well look Prem you dont need to do anymore investigations okay?"

"Okay."

What's on that paper should never get out:

Were Shraddha and Alia's dad and my mum more than just friends?

Whatever it is I need to find out.

After Uni...

Alias POV

"Go away dad!"

"Its not your dad." Kareena says.

"Im not trying to be rude but have you ever heard of knocking?"

"Look I just wanted to chat. I kind of got ths instinct that you are easier than your sister."

"What do you want to say? That you are not a replacement? Or that you want to be friends?"

"I'm not your mother and I won't ever be. And I'm certainly not a replacement. And Its not just that me and your dad love each other... All 3 of you have been lonely for so many years. Never had that woman figure to rely on to confide in. But now I'm here... I want to be your guardian. Your confidant. I want you to trust me and help me out with this. Any problem you know who to come to." She says and leaves.

I roll me eyes and start revising my history book. Shraddha comes out the shower.

"What happened?"

"Oh nothing just revising."

Shraddhas phone rings.

She rolls her eyes. "I'll be just back."

Shraddhas POV

"What do you want Varun?"

"The favour!"

"What about it?"

"My girlfriends messaged me!"

"Shes your EX and so what?" I say.

"Come over so we can rejoice together."

I put on a sweatshirt and leggings.

"Where are you going?"

"Quick walk around the block. Get to know the neighbourhood better."