Chapter Fourty Four

Jacqueline's POV

Alia tells me her idea and we both go to confront Varun and Prem and I agree.

"I want papa now!" Jia starts throwing a tantrum.

"Mum where is Papa?" Rohan asks Shraddha making her eyes fill up.

"Even my Papa where is he?" Samara asks Taapsee.

I can tell they're both getting so frustrated having no answer for their kids.

"Mum I want Papa! I want Papa I want Papa! I want Papa! I want Pa-"

Shraddha cuts Jia off. "YOUR PAPA IS NOT COMING! HE'S NOT COMING FOR US! He's not coming...He never will." she sobs and her tone lowers.

The kids stay silent with nothing to say seeing their Mum cry.

"Maybe if we take the kids to them they might listen to us?" Alia wonders.

"They definitely will!" I say with a lot of hope. "Kids come on let's go to buy some sweets. Go put your coats on!" They all run downstairs.

I go up to Shraddha and wipe her tears. "Don't cry in front of the kids. It'll effect them. Everything will fall into place soon."

She sniffs and nods.

"Me and Jacqs are here for you both so don't worry." Both Alia and I pull them into a tight group hug.

We then go to their Varun and Prem's house with the kids. We're are about to knock the door but we're suddenly stopped, being pulled to a side....

A day before the wedding day...

Authors POV

Both Shraddha and Taapsee sat down getting their Mehndi appilied. They agreed to get married to their parents choice, they knew very little about their husbands to be and thought that it'd be best to get to know them after marriage. Blindly both sisters trust their parents and start preparing for their future. But they still couldn't stop thinking about Varun and Prem.

"Ma'am your Mehndi's done." The Mehndi artists say.

Jacqueline and Alia take them into their room so they can rest. Tears leave Shraddha's eyes. "He said him and Prem we're going to talk to their mum and he's sure that she'll accept us."

"Something's are not meant to be." Aishwariya walks in wiping her daughters tears away.

"You never know your future might be better?" Alia says.

Deep down both the girls knew that they can never love anyone else as much as they loved Varun and Prem. and no one can love them as much as Varun and Prem did.

"Girls come on you need an early night you both have a long day tomorrow. Get as much sleep as you can." Aishwariya kisses their foreheads and leaves with Jacqueline and Alia.

"Do you think we're doing the right thing?" Shraddha asks Taapsee.

Taapsee shrugs in response. "I think so. I mean we have to move on like Mum said."

"I guess so. But a part of me can't let go of Varun. I just don't know why. I'm angry at him but then something tells me that he can't do this to me."

"I feel the same about Prem. But we can't do anything now. We're both marrying someone else. We should forget them."

"True. Anyway we should get some sleep."

They both go to sleep nervous for the upcoming day that will make a huge change to both their lives.

The next day...

"Girls wake up." Aishwariya wakes her daughters up lovingly.

They both smile at their Mum but she knows they're not feeling what their expressions show.

Soon they both get ready in their bridal attires. Normally girls feel happy dressing up for their big day but for Shraddha and Taapsee it was just a day that they wanted to get over and done with as soon as they could. They were quite scared as they've never seen or met their to be husbands and know nothing apart from their names.

Samara and Jia walk in with Jacqueline and Alia and stare at their Mum's stunned. Jia had no clue on what's going, she's only 2 and will hardly understand. Samara and Rohan know briefly but are not at the mature age to understand that their parents have split up.

"Mumma you look like a princess!" Jia exclaims.

"Do I?" Shraddha picks her up and smothers her. She had to try be Jia's Mum and Dad, she did well. But sometimes Jia would still remember Varun here and there.

"Mum you look so pretty!" Samara hugs Taapsee.

Their kids were the main reason they agreed to move on. They didn't want them growing up with a single parent.

"Girls it's time." Sharukh came and lead his daughters towards the mandap. Taapsee and Shraddha couldn't see the faces of their husbands as their face was covered with a veil and had to stay that way for a while.

They both sat at the mandap with their new partners and the priest started praying and the rituals had started. Their forehead was soon filled and a mangalsutra was tied around their neck. They both still had a little hope that maybe Varun and Prem would come back for them, but it all soon vanished once they became someone else's. They bid farewell to their Mum, Dad and Sisters looking ahead to a new journey of their lives. They soon left to go to their new homes. They go different ways.

They were welcomed by their mother in laws who are really sweet. "Your  not my daughter in law, but your my daughter. I'll love you equally to my son." Shraddha's mother in law says.

"Make yourself comfortable this is now your home. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask your like my daughter." Taapsee's mother in law says.

Their mother in laws then lead them both to their room.

Taapsee's POV

I feel really anxious sitting still on the bed. I don't know how my life will be now. I suddenly hear the door shut and veil is lifted...

Shraddha's POV

I sit in the room feeling very awkward. I soon hear the door shut. Soon my veil is lifted slowly...

Who have they got married to? Will their lives ever be the same?

Keep reading...

~ S & A