Chapter 15 - Into the Darkness

Ok so I just found out that the Hoshikage was the real deal in Naruto. I haven't watched as far as that. I was just looking through the episodes on hulu and bam. The Hoshikage was real.

So this fanfic has nothing to do with that storyline.

---

The next morning, I woke up and Naruto still wasn't back. I sigh. Probably passed out in some part of the forest.

Tsunami started fretting over him and we had reassure her that he was completely fine.

"Here, Sasuke. You go check on him", I suggest. He shrugs and leaves to search for him.

After a while, Kakashi and Sakura both leave to search for the both of them.

"Rina, stay here to guard Tazuna", he glances back, "Please don't kill him."

"Yeah, no. It's fine", I promise.

There was a moment of complete silence. Tazuna didn't talk and I refuse to start a conversation with him.

"So what's your story?" Tazuna speaks up.

"What do you mean?"

"You said you were from the Hidden Crystal, didn't you? Why are you so far away from your home?" he asks.

"It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. I'm sure you've heard", I mutter, reluctantly.

"But I think I would rather hear the story coming from you rather than the many rumors", he says.

"Hm..." I stare at the old man curiously. What difference does it make?

"I guess I have time to spare", I sigh and sit down next to him.

And just like that, the story came spilling out of my mouth. Tazuna was a good listener. He didn't interrupt me with questions. He listened intently. When I was done telling my story, he only thought about it, not pestering me with annoying comments.

"So that's my story. It's not much", I murmur.

"No... Every story has a meaning... A purpose. You just need to find it", he contemplates.

"My story is about my beloved uncle killing his family. There's not much meaning to that", I mutter.

"Your story's not complete yet. You'll find meaning in the future and maybe you'll look at the past differently."

I laugh softly, amused at his sudden wiseness.

"What?"

"I thought you were just some old drunkard", I muse.

He cackles loudly, "And I thought you were some whore!"

I sigh at that comment. Did I really look like a whore? I look over my outfit. It's how all Crystal shinobi dressed. We kill wearing killer outfits.

"Well, I'm going to my room. You're free to do whatever you like when you're done checking yourself out", he grumbles, looking tired. My eyebrow twitches.

"I'M NOT CHECKING MYSELF OUT!"

---

"They're late again", states Sakura.

"Rina... You look like hell. Did you eat today?" Kakashi asks concerned.

It took me awhile to process what he just said. After I take it in though, I smirk.

"Aw, is 'sensei' worried about me?" I tease.

"And she's back", he says relieved and annoyed.

The door opens and I see Sasuke carrying Naruto back inside.