Chapter 3 Tris

I wake up in a hospital bed, probably outside the fence. As I look around, I see everyone staring at me -Christina, Will, Zeke, Zeke's mother, my Mother, and Caleb. Wait... But I saw my mother, and Will die during the simulation attack. Then, "Where is Tobias?" I ask. Everyone rushes to my bed side, ignoring my question. "Beatrice you're alive!" Says my brother. "Beatrice?" Asks Will, confused. "My name was Beatrice before I transferred to Dauntless, but I changed it to Tris during initiation." I see Christina crying in a corner chair, "Christina? Why are you crying?" Christina looks around, and looks at me, "Tris!?!" She asks. "In the flesh!" I joke. "Yo-you're alive!" She chokes on her words and runs over to my bed side hugging me. I groan as the pain shoots through my sides and back. "Hey um, where's Tobias?" I ask. Everyone gives me questioning looks, "Four- I mean." Zeke steps forward and says "Oh um, he barged out yesterday. I think he went to the Dauntless Compound." I immediately spring out of bed wincing, Christina, Will, and Zeke helping me up. I realize I am only in my hospital gown and Christina looks at me and finally says "Here, let me help you change. I have some extra clothes." She pulls out a bag of clothes, "Here." She says while handing me a black T-shirt, dark blue jeans, and tennis shoes.

+++

As I get out of the bathroom, I look in the mirror. I am bruised, stitches all over myself. I remember David, shooting me three times, hoping that I died from all the shots. Well, he was wrong. I am alive, I am here, and I will look for Tobias. We all get to the truck and ride to the train tracks. Once we reach the train tracks we all jump onto the train and ride to Dauntless.

+++

Once we arrive at the Dauntless Compound, my mother jumps out of the train first, I know that she was once Dauntless but Caleb and the others don't. Once we are all off of the train, Caleb asks "Do you guys always do that to enter Dauntless?" I nod and Caleb pants. I see my mother talking to Zeke's mother. I come over to ask my mother what they were talking about and she replies "Zeke's mother was asking how I jumped off of the train like one of the Dauntless borns and I said that I used to be one." She says and smiles. I get in front of the group and say loudly so all of them can hear, "Okay, so we are about to jump off of this building-" I get interrupted by my curious brother, but it is in his nature so I let him, "Beatrice, how do you guys do this almost everyday?! This is insane!" He explains, but I reply back "There is a net at the bottom. Caleb, you are a pansycake for asking, but I forgive you because it is in your stupid Erudite nature. And doing this almost everyday is not insane..." I pause and step closer to Caleb, so close I could feel his beath, "It's being brave." I say and Caleb cowers away as my friends and I laugh. "Don't think, just jump." And with that I jump onto the net.

+++

Once all of us are inside Dauntless, my friends and I give a tour and show our apartments. Because none of us had eaten breakfast yet, we all head to the cafeteria. I stay in the back with Christina because she was telling me on how much she cried, and how depressed she and the others were. And then... Once we all walk through the cafeteria doors, I see dark stormy blue eyes that could make you melt in one second. I stop in the middle of my tracks, I would notice those blue eyes and face anywhere... He let me through his fear landscape, I know his fears, his name, where he came from, and his past... I know him too well... I know him as

Tobias.

(A.N.) Sooo? What did you think? Good? Bad? Horrible? Meh? Okay? Decent? Leave a comment, thank you and keep being Divergent! P.s. If you guys watched Divergent (who didnt?) were you sad the Drew, Edward, Uriah, Zeke, Marlene, and Lynn weren't in the movie? Anyways enjoy the next chapter. 💖👍😊