Chapter 25 Chelsey

Today is our day we choose our jobs. "What's everyone going to choose for their jobs today?" Asks Jen. "I think I am choosing to be a tattoo artist." I say. "Maybe I will go with a Transfer Trainer." Jen replies. "Maybe I will choose the same as Jen. I guess." Says Connor. "Tattoo artist or Dauntless born trainer." Says Olivia. "I'm going with Dauntless born trainer as well." Joseph says. "I still can't believe we are ranked the first five in initiation!" I explain. "I know, I thought I would have been cut or something." Says Jen. "Same here." Olivia, Joseph, and Connor say. Uriah and Zeke walk by and join us while we are walking around Dauntless. "Initiates, head to the Pit. Time to choose your jobs." Says a voice over the intercom, Six. "Ugh, blah blah blah, initiates, initiates, initiates, listen to what I say cause I'm a Dauntless prodigy!" Says Uriah like a blabbering five year old. "Uriah, I can hear you. The intercom is still on!" Explains Six over the intercom. "Sorry Six..." Uriah says, his voice trailing off. "Sorry I'm not sorry." Mutters Uriah. "I can still hear you Uriah!" Yells Six. "Okay okay... Calm down." Says Uriah. "Well, Uriah. Since you love to sing, why don't you sing a song of my choice before the initiates choose their jobs. Deal?" Says Six, still on the intercom. "Deal." Replies Uriah. We all laugh and head to the Pit.

+++

We arrive at the Pit a few minutes later. I sit in the front row with Joseph, Jen, Connor, Olivia, Uriah, Zeke and a few Dauntless borns. "Iniatiates. Welcome, today you will do your first act as a Dauntless member." Says Four. "Uriah, Zeke I think you need to do a bet Six made you do." Smirks Four. Uriah and Zeke come onto the center of the Pit and Zeke has a speaker in his hands. "Uriah, I will make you sing... Recovery by James Arthur." Says Six on the microphone. "The floor is yours pansycakes." Six smirks. "Zeke, music please... Again." Uriah says. Zeke starts the music and Uriah taps the microphone and starts.

"I don't want to play this game no more

I don't wanna play it

I don't want to stay 'round here no more

I don't wanna stay here

Like rain on a Monday morning

Like pain that just keeps on going on

Look at all the hate they keep on showing

I don't want to see that

Look at all the stones they keep on throwing

I don't want to feel that

Like Sun that will keep on burning

I used to be so discerning, oh

In my recovery

I'm a soldier at war

I have broken down walls

I defined

I designed

My recovery

In the sound of the sea

In the oceans of me

I defined

I designed

My recovery

Keep soaring,

Keep song-writing

My recovery

And I can hear the choirs keep on singing

Tell me what they're saying

And I can hear the phone

It keeps on ringing

I don't want to answer

I know that I used to listen

And I know I've become dismissive