Chapter 26 Uriah

Zeke and I walk the hallways with Jen, Joseph, Olivia and Connor. "What's everyone going to choose for their jobs today?" Asks Jen. "I think I am choosing to be a tattoo artist." Chelsey says. "Maybe I will go with a Transfer Trainer." Jen replies. "Maybe I will choose the same as Jen. I guess." Says Connor. "Tattoo artist or Dauntless born trainer." Says Olivia. "I'm going with Dauntless born trainer as well." Joseph says. "I still can't believe we are ranked the first five in initiation!" Chelsey says. "I know, I thought I would have been cut or something." Says Jen. "Same here." Olivia, Joseph, and Connor say. "Initiates, head to the Pit. Time to choose your jobs." Says Tris over the intercom. "Ugh, blah blah blah, initiates, initiates, initiates, listen to what I say cause I'm a Dauntless prodigy!" I say. "Uriah, I can hear you. The intercom is still on!" Yells Tris on the intercom. "Sorry Six..." I start, "Sorry I'm not sorry." I finish. "I can still hear you Uriah!" Yells Tris. "Okay okay... Calm down." I say, exhausted. "Well, Uriah. Since you love to sing, why don't you sing a song of my choice before the initiates choose their jobs. Deal?" Tris says, still on the intercom. "Deal." I say, ending the conversation. Soon we arrive at the Pit and We arrive at the Pit a few minutes later. I sit in the front row with Joseph, Jen, Connor, Olivia, Uriah, Zeke and a few Dauntless borns. "Iniatiates. Welcome, today you will do your first act as a Dauntless member." Says Four. "Uriah, Zeke I think you need to do a bet Six made you do." Smirks Four. Uriah and Zeke come onto the center of the Pit and Zeke has a speaker in his hands. "Uriah, I will make you sing... Recovery by James Arthur." Tris says. "The floor is yours pansycakes." Tris smirks. "Zeke, music please... Again." I say. Zeke starts the music and I tap the microphone and start to sing with the lyrics on the screen in front of me.

"I don't want to play this game no more

I don't wanna play it

I don't want to stay 'round here no more

I don't wanna stay here

Like rain on a Monday morning

Like pain that just keeps on going on

Look at all the hate they keep on showing

I don't want to see that

Look at all the stones they keep on throwing

I don't want to feel that

Like Sun that will keep on burning

I used to be so discerning, oh

In my recovery

I'm a soldier at war

I have broken down walls

I defined

I designed

My recovery

In the sound of the sea

In the oceans of me

I defined

I designed

My recovery

Keep soaring,

Keep song-writing

My recovery

And I can hear the choirs keep on singing

Tell me what they're saying

And I can hear the phone

It keeps on ringing

I don't want to answer

I know that I used to listen

And I know I've become dismissive

In my recovery

I'm a soldier at war

I have broken down walls

I defined

I designed

My recovery

In the sound of the sea

In the oceans of me

I defined

I designed

My recovery

Keep soaring,

Keep song-writing

My recovery

In my recovery

I'm a soldier at war

I have broken down walls

I defined

I designed

My recovery

In the sound of the sea

In the oceans of me

I defined

I designed

My recovery

Keep soaring,

Keep song-writing

My recovery"

I finish and I get pats on the back and cheers. "Thank you, thank you! Six, I think I beat you at your own game, because I, was amazing!" I gloat.

+++

Soon we all know what the transfers and Dauntless borns want to have for jobs. I hang out with the initiates and head back to my apartment and fall asleep.