Chapter 7 Tobias

After 1 minute of Jake hanging over the Chasm, I hear footsteps. I turn to Tris and she looks like she has her daylights shocked out of her. I turn towards what or who she was looking at and it is someone whom I thought was dead... I have met him in my childhood, a friend of Marcus in Abnegation... The only person who could have been friends with Marcus... Andrew Prior is his name. Tris' father... Here, in Dauntless. He died during the attack, unless he faked his death as well as Tris' mother.

Tris' POV

I turn around and see the one and only Andrew Prior... Also known as my father. The initiates help Jake up since it has been 5 minutes and look at us in curiosity, fear and wonder. "Beatrice." My father greets glumly, "Hello father." As I walk towards my father. "Come here, just give me a hug." My father says, and I do as he says. As I pull away from the hug, I say with anger "Father why would you do this?! You faked your death and left me and Caleb to live on our own! I had to go to the Amity Compound, then we all went outside the fence! I almost died father! And you come back when I am here in Dauntless, training initiates, and I just came back from the hospital only a few days ago!" I snap. "Beatrice I-" my father tries to explain but I don't let him, "It's Tris now father, or should I even call you that?" I spit at him as if it were poison. "Tris, I didn't know that I did that to you and Caleb, I didn't know you went outside the fence, I didn't know that you almost died, I didn't ever mean to hurt you Tris. I never would do that to my daughter." He says, his eyes full of tears. "Fine then... Just go, just go find mother and Caleb. Dauntless is my faction not yours so leave." I say holding back tears, he nods and leaves. I feel a hand on my shoulder and see that it is Tobias' hand. Once I turn he pulls me into a hug and pulls away from the hug and looks at the initiates shocked with tears in their eyes. "Time to go to your dormitories. Wake up at 6:00 AM sharp, we will be going on a field trip tomorrow." Tobias says and the initiates leave and Tobias and I walk to the apartment and sleep.

(A.N.) Sorry for the really freaking short chapter... I got bored and lost ideas for this chapter so uh... CUE THE OUTRO EMOJIS! 😄👍💖