Chapter 14 Connor

"Thanks." Jen says to Chelsey, as Chelsey, Olivia, Jen, Joseph and I walk toward the training room. "Come on! We're going to be late!" I yell through the halls as we run side by side. We find the training room and burst through the doors. "Nice of you all to join us." Six says. "As I was saying we are going to be learning how to shoot a gun. Line up in front of the tables. Don't touch the gun or else there will be consequesnces. Right Jake?" Four booms. We all line up in front of the table full of guns, "Okay, pick up your gun. Watch carefully as I demonstrate." Four booms again. Four holds the gun with two hands and places his arms in front of him. Aim. Inhale. Exha- Boom! Four looks around shocked and confused and we all realize that it wasn't his gun. It was someone else. We see that one person is missing from the training room. And another person laying on the ground with a pool of blood surrounding them, a bullet in their side. I rush towards the person in their own pool of blood. It's Olivia (A.N I had to do something with her in this story at some point.) "Joseph run her to the infirmary. Now go!" Yells Six as Joseph picks up Olivia's frail, limp body and runs towards the infirmary. "Okay who are the people missing from the training room?" Four asks. "Jake, Joseph and Olivia are the ones missing, Four." Says Chelsey as Four nods. "I will cut Jake out of initiation tomorrow." Says Six. "Okay as I was saying. First aim, inhale, exhale, and fire." Four says while demonstrating, as the bullet hits dead center. "Try to hit the center. Go!" Four booms. Aim, inhale, exhale, fire. I think. I do as Four demonstrated and it hits the dead center. I feel a heavy hand on my shoulder and turn around and see, I think, Uriah is his name. "Nice job kid. First try too." Uriah smiles and keeps walking.

+++

After training everyone heads to the cafeteria for dinner. Uriah, Zeke, Jen, Chelsey, Joseph, Six, Four, and some other Dauntless borns sit with me. "I can't believe you hit it dead center first try!" Says Uriah throwing his hands in the air. "How did you do it Connor? How? I need to know." Says Jen like a five year old begging. "I just did as Four told us. Nothing else." I reply to Jen as Four smiles. I never thought I would never see Four smile. "Woah, I never thought I would live to see the day that the almighty Four, smile!" Explains Zeke laughing his head off. Four's smile suddenly turns into a devious grin. Suddenly Four whispers to Uriah, Six, Jen, me, Joseph, and the Dauntless borns. "Come on, we're going to get buckets of water balloons, and throw it at Zeke after dinner. Let's go." Four whispers making sure we only hear, not Zeke.

+++

After dinner, Joseph, Jen, me, Six, Uriah and Dauntless borns leave Zeke in his apartment and get three buckets of ice cold water balloons. We approach Zeke's apartment and hold the buckets closely. Four opens Zeke's door and walks in. He checks if Zeke is awake, "It's safe." Four whispers, we all come into Zeke's room and Four signals us to throw the water balloons. On cue, we all throw water balloons at Zeke, and yell our war cries. "What the hell is this?!" Screams Zeke. "How the hell did you get in here?!" Zeke asks angrily. "Dude you need to start locking your doors more often." Four smirks as he dumps all of the buckets onto Zeke who is still in bed. "I am coming for you guys!" Zeke yells as we all run out of the apartment into the Dauntless Compound. We hear footsteps behind us and keep running. We hear a heavy door open and close then open again. Then Six has a splatter of paint on her back and makes her out. Then Shawn falls with a green splatter on his back, then Chelsey, Uriah, the Dauntless borns, and then Four. Then it's just Jen and me. "I will get the gun, go and sweep his feet." Whispers Jen. I nod and I dodge the paintballs and sweep Zeke's feet as Jen pries the gun out of Zeke's hands. With that Zeke falls to the ground saying that he was shot by Jen. Jen and I high-five but she shoots me with the paintball gun. "I knew it" I say as I fall to the ground. "I am victorious! Mwuhahahaha!" Jen screams as she flails her arms out like a crazy person. We all get up and head to our dormitories and apartments. I can't believe initiation is almost over. Then I fall asleep once my head hits the pillow.

(A.N.) Do you hate me for having Olivia shot? I miiight let her survive... Might. 😄👍💖😈