Chapter 26 Anonymous

Why was I in 7th place! I was supposed to be in first place! Ugh, I lost to that transfer girl- the stiff! No, I can't loose to a stupid stiff like her. No. My parents didn't even show up for my Choosing Ceremony! That's it, I am going to the Chasm, even if someone tried to stop me I am going to jump off of into the Chasm. I don't care now, I just want to just, die. After I have made my decision, I get up, making sure I don't wake anyone up. While I walk to the door, I check if anyone is there. Nope, nobody. I walk through the door and head to the railing of the Chasm. "What are you doing?" Asks a male voice from behind me. I don't reply. Before I go over the railing, I close my eyes and just jump. "No!" A female voice yells. "No, no. It's l-like Al all ov-" the female voice cries, but I can't make out what she said because I am already too far down inside the Chasm. I open my eyes and see that I am only a few thirty feet away from the bottom of the Chasm. The sound raging water filling my ears. Now I am about twenty feet away from the raging water. Ten feet. Five feet. Two feet. One foot. Then it all goes black.

+++

I open my eyes again to only see that I am in a white room, with two men wearing white, standing in front of two doors. I look down to see that I am wearing white clothes as well. A woman appears beside me and says "The man on the left tells the truth when the other one lies. The two of these doors will lead to either life or death." I nod and go to the one on the right- the one that lies. "Is this the door to life?" I ask the man. "Yes." The man replies. I nod and say a quiet thank you, and go through the door of which the man who lied stood. Soon as I walk through the door, I see that I am in a place full of people. "Where am I?" I ask, to no one. "Well, my dear, you're in Heaven. You jumped off of the Chasm, don't you remember?" A woman says. "Oh, I remember. Thank you." I say. My best friend was Jen. I ranked seven in initiation. And that is all.

My name is Katelin,

I ranked seventh in initiation,

I couldn't take the fact that I wasn't first,

So, I jumped.

+++

I wake up in a different room. A Dauntless girl is sitting before me. Where am I? Who is this person before me? I ask myself. "Katelin! Oh my God you're alive!" Says a Dauntless girl as she hugs me. The Dauntless girl has dark brown, framing her face, flowing freely onto her shoulders. "Uh, who are you? How do you know my name?" I ask cautiously. The girl's mouth turns from a smile to a sad frown. "Y-yo-ou don't re-mem-mber me?" She says, tears flowing onto her cheeks. "I don't think so. You still haven't answered my questions." I say. "My name is Jen. I transferred from Abnegation to Dauntless this year. We were best friends when we met; I was walking in school and saw you without a friend, so then we talked and hung out. Soon enough we became best friends." Jen says as she smiles, but her smile vanishes. "But now, you don't remember me." Jen finishes and sobs. Soon the door flings open. Six people flood into the room. "Jen I told you-" says a Dauntless boy, but soon stops when his eyes land on Jen. "Sh-she doesn't rememb-ber me..." Jen says, still sobbing. Another Dauntless girl comes and hugs Jen. The rest just look at me. We all stay there, the room full of Jen's sobs. "Katelin, why did you j-ju-mp?" Asks a Dauntless Woman standing beside a Dauntless man. "I didn't want to be in seventh place." I quietly say. The Dauntless woman soon asks "Do you remember anything?" I shake my head no, "I only remember the rankings, me falling, the factions, my name, and family. That's it." I say. The Dauntless woman extends her hand and I gently take it. "My name is Six." The Dauntless woman says. I nod and the man next to her extends his hand to me. "Four." He says. What is up with the number names? I ask myself. Soon I meet the other people in the room. They tell me about themselves and I do the same. I learned that Chelsey is from Abnegation and transferred to Dauntless, Jen is from Abnegation and transferred to Dauntless, Connor is from Candor and transferred to Dauntless, Olivia is from Amity transferred to Dauntless, and Joseph is from Candor and transferred to Dauntless. Jen is my best friend, and her friends are my friends and Four and Six are their instructors. I don't know how long it will take me to remember, but at least I know I have friends and family. I almost died, but I never wanted to die, I never gave up.

I ranked seventh in initiation,

I couldn't handle it anymore,

So,

I jumped into the Chasm.

I woke up in Heaven,

But,

I am still alive.

I have people who care for me,

I have friends,

And family,

And I will never give up on life.

(A.N.) Okay, I'm sorry. My friend asked me to say that the character Katelin jumps. Also, the friend who asked me to have Katelin jump is "divergentf" on Wattpad. C ya.