Chapter 24 Jen

(A.N. This chapter goes out to I_LOVE_TOBIAS_EATON, my readers and my friends. Anyways enjoy!) Joseph comes back from his turn. I shake with fear. Fear, I fear if they find out what I am. Four and Six said that the Divergents are safe... But I'm not sure, what if there is someone else who will harm the Divergence, or Jeanine, Eric, Max or David are alive? "Jen" a voice says over the intercom. "Good luck Jen." Says Chelsey with a smile. I send a weak smile back while I walk towards the glass room. "You ready?" Asks Six. "More than I'll ever be." I say with a small smile. "Good luck, be brave Jen." She says before my eyes close into a deep sleep.

+++

The scene before me changes in an instant. I am no longer in the fear landscape room, I am on top of the Hancock building. First, is the fear of heights. "One, t-two, t-t-thr-ree." I say right before I jump off the building. The time I spent while letting gravity take me, felt like I was floating. I hit the ground, and the scene changes. Second, is the fear of drowning. I appear in a glass box, water appearing put of thin air. Then, I realize what I have to do, so I release all of the air I hold. I am drowning, suffocating. Soon, the scene changes again after all the pain. Third, being bullied. I appear in a hallway, people pushing, laughing, shoving, and teasing me. "Shut up!" I scream, soon the scene changes one again. Fourth, kidnapping. I stand in a field, suddenly two pairs of hands grab me and throw me into a van. I thrash and a hand claps over my mouth, I bite the hand, then I taste something bitter. Blood. The hand releases and I punch the two men. They don't move. Unconscious. The scene around me changes from the van to an empty room. The room turns dark, and I can't see anything. Fifth, I feel that the walls are closing in, the darkness engulfing me. I close my eyes. Then open them once again, the scene around me is different. Sixth fear, I am in a room with a child. Sitting in a metal chair. The child doesn't move. Then a gun appears in my hands. I see what I have to do now. I must kill the child. I lift the gun, aim, inhale, exhale, fire. The child's body goes limp and falls onto the floor. A dark red flower blooming from its side. The scene changes, and I am in a room full of dozens of people. Seventh fear, being ignored. The people talk, talk and talk. But, nobody is talking to me. I try to talk to people but the just ignore me. Soon, I slow my heart rate down enough that the scene changes. Eighth fear, I appear in a Abnegation house. Here we go, welcome to Hell! I think, sarcastically in my head. I am, once again, chained in a chair. I hear heavy footsteps and my father appears. "Jen... Why are you so disrespectful? Why do you disobey our faction's rules?" My father asks, more like demands. "This is what happens when you disobey our family and our faction!" He screams and punches me in the face. While my father has turned away, I find a clip and pick at the lock on the handcuffs. The handcuffs unlock and I clench my fists and punch my father's back of his head. He stumbles forward and falls on the ground. I take action, and I kick his sides, head. Soon the light leaves his eyes. And the scene changes.

+++

I wake up in the fear landscape room. I hear footsteps and turn to face the door. Soon Six, Four and Tori come into the room. "Congratulations Jen, you completed initiation. You have eight fears. Tomorrow, you will choose your job(s) as your first act of a Dauntless member. Wake up at 7:00 AM tomorrow to choose your job(s)." Says Tori and pats my back. "Thanks." I say as I get up from the chair and walk towards my friends, I see that they all finished their fear landscape and we head to the cafeteria.

+++

While at the cafeteria, the intercom screeches. "Is uh this thing on?" Says a voice, Uriah. "Dude, it's on! Everyone can hear you!" Explains Zeke in the background. "Oh, so they can hear me sing?" Asks Uriah. "Yes, dude. They can hear you say or sing anything." Zeke replies, obviously stressed. "Hey guys, wanna hear me sing?" Uriah asks the intercome. We all scream yeses and yeahs. "Okay, so any requests?" Uriah asks. "Oh! Do Waiting For Superman by Daughtry!" I yell over the talking. "Okay, Waiting For Superman it is!" Uriah says. "*Ahem* Zeke, cue the music!" Uriah says, soon the music plays and Uriah starts singing.