Chapter 17 Connor

"Next fight, Clair vs Connor." Four booms. Clair and I walk towards the ring. We just stand there for seconds or minuets, people staring at us, doing nothing. "Start." Six says. Clair does nothing like Olivia, cause they're both from Amity. The two of us just stay there for a few seconds. This is getting ridiculous I think. I throw a punch at Clair's head and she gets knocked back. I throw a punch but she dodges, but she looses her balance and almost topples over. Clair regains her balance and tries to throw a punch at me. I dodge the punch, and swipe under her. Clair falls to the floor, and doesn't move. Unconscious I think. "Connor, you win. Someone take her to the infirmary." Six says calmly. Nobody comes to take Clair to the infirmary so Six does it. Four goes up to the board and writes something. I come closer to the board and it says "Connor vs Clair. Winner= Connor" Six comes back a few minutes later after dropping Clair off at the infirmary. "I dropped Clair off at the infirmary, the nurse said she will be back in training tomorrow, two days the latest. She is just unconscious." Announces Six.

+++

Later, Chelsey and Cassandra enter the ring. "Go" booms Four, his voice filling the room. Cassandra throws a punch but Chelsey dodges it. Chelsey swipes Cassandra's legs, who immediately falls to the floor. Chelsey kicks Cassandra's side one last time until Cassandra yells "Stop! Stop! I'm done. I'm done." Chelsey stops, and lends a hand to Cassandra. An Abnegation habit.

Soon after about two hours, the fights are finished. Four writes on the board, I come closer to see what it says.

"Mark vs Jen. Winner= Jen" Now the board reads

"Olivia vs Jade. Winner= Jade

Clair vs Connor. Winner= Connor

Chelsey vs Cassandra. Winner= Chelsey

Mark vs Jen. Winner= Jen"

"You guys can go now." Says Four, his voice filling the room, the hallways.

+++

As I walk with Chelsey, Jen, and Joseph. "I wish I fought today! I wanted to cream Mark so badly! I would have knocked that pansycake in one blow!" Joseph says throughout the hallway. "You sound like Uriah, Joseph." Chelsey says. "Did someone say my name?" Says a voice from behind us, we turn and see Uriah and Zeke walking behind us. "Yeah, uh Joseph was just talking about how he can cream Mark." Says Jen. "I bet he will be a perfect image of a great person." Uriah says, "And that is?" I ask. "Me, of course!" Uriah says while flipping imaginary long hair. We all just fall to the floor, laughing our heads off. I am so glad I left my old faction. In Dauntless, we are free, we have freedom, we save the people in trouble, we are their police, their warriors.