Chapter 31 Jen

(A.N. It's about a year later and it's the Choosing Ceremony. I didn't want to write like 100 chapters... Yeah I'm lazy 😜). Today, I get to go with the Dauntless to the Choosing Ceremony. I can't believe initiation already passed a few months ago. "Jen, you excited for the new initiates?" Asks Connor. "Yeah! I can't wait to scare them crazy!" I explain. "Olivia, Chelsey, Katelin, Joseph! Let's go! It's Choosing Ceremony today!" I say. They look at me as if I'm crazy and they scramble to their feet and run towards the train. "Come on! Let's go!" A Dauntless man explains. We all run in sync. We reach the train in no time and jump in. Once we are all in the train, we all start talking in what initiate will be the first to jump. "Dauntless." A woman says. "Erudite." Says a man. "Abnegation." I say. Everyone in the train car stare at me. "That's impossible." Says a person in the crowd. "Well, there was a Abnegation who jumped first right? And if they are still selfless, they will jump before anyone else would." Chelsey explains. "True that." Says Uriah. We all laugh and jump off the train. We enter the doors of the Choosing Ceremony. We all sit down in the Dauntless section and wait. An Amity woman stands in front of all the factions and give the traditional factions speech and manifestos. "Haley" says the woman. An Erudite girl walks up to the five bowls, takes the knife, cuts her palm and drops her blood into the Erudite bowl. "Tom" the Amity woman. A Abnegation boy, who I suppose is Tom, walks up, cuts his palm and drops his blood into the Dauntless bowl. The Dauntless roar in happiness of their new initiate.

+++

Soon we have 12 new Dauntless initiates and 15 Dauntless borns. The Dauntless and initiates flood through the doors and run to the train tracks. We all reach the train and all the Dauntless and Dauntless borns jump in with ease. The initiates try to get in but fail. Some of the adults reach out to help the initiates. All of them make it inside the train and are panting. "Are you *breathe* trying to *breathe* kill us?" Asks a Candor. "Ha, now, if we did. We would have killed you when you guys got out of those doors." Tris says. We all laugh and ride out way to Dauntless.

This is why I chose Dauntless.

To be free.

To protect.

To save.

We are their Police,

Their Warriors,

Their Protectors.

I am free, I chose to serve and fight for the ones who need help, I chose to be Brave.

(A.N.) Okay... I'm sorry but... This is the end... OF THE FIRST BOOK! 😄 I am making a sequel and my friend over here- divergentf is making a third book. (I know the third book is already made and the second book isn't but... Just go with it 😄) So I owe this book my my friends, Dauntlesscupcake101, DauntlessCake10, Fangirl_writer123, forcesofearth2014, I_LOVE_TOBIAS_EATON, and Divergent_fan13. You guys are awesoooomeee people! 😄👍💖