Talking

Jack

I don't exactly know why to say, this is Ally's mother. Whatever I say next depends on whether she'll like me or not.

I clear my throat "my...my names Jack....I'm a friend of Ally's" I say looking her straight in the eye.

She stands stiff for a second "are you the reason she's here?" she asks. I'm about to say yes but then I realized what she asked.

"no ma'am, I brought your daughter here after she was beaten" I say trying to stay calm.

She just stared at me another second before pulling me into a hug, "thank you" she says sadly.

I sigh with relief "your welcome" Ally clears her throat. I let go of her mom and we both look at her.

"mom please stop interrogating Jack, we've been through a lot today" she says looking sadly at me then at her mom.

Her mom nods "sorry, I was just messing around, I just wanted to get to know your adorable friend here".

Ally nods and her mom hugs her tightly, I just stand there awkwardly for a moment until Ally looks at me and smiles.

I smile back and her mom just looks at the two of us. Her mom gets up as the nurse comes in.

"if you two could step outside for a moment while I check on Ally?" she asks.

I nod walking out and stand right next to the door leaning against the wall.

Her mom follows me out and looks at me "you don't hide that very well do you" she says giving me a concentrated look.

I look at her confused "I'm sorry?" I was really confused. She stands up straighter "Jack, I've seen the way you look at my daughter only once before" she says slowly "those two are my friends, they now have a beautiful family"

I suddenly knew what she meant "I don't know....." I started but was cut off "Jack.....she's not gonna be here forever, now when that nurse is done I'm gonna leave and your gonna get your ass in there and tell her, before it's to late" is all she says and she walks away.

I look through the window by Ally's room and watched as the nurse talked to Ally.

I don't know if I can tell her, no matter how much I love her. If she doesn't have the same feelings for me what will happen?

I think I'm scared that I'll loose her.

Here comes the nurse......well here goes nothing