The Change

Jack

I held Ally's hand as we walked to our first class. Ally got a lot of stares and whistles from passing guys.

It didn't bother me much because I knew that she loved me. I loved her enough and trusted her enough not to be bothered by it.

I swear we were about five feet from the classroom and someone grabbed Ally by the hair and pulled her to tell ground.

I immediately stopped from shock and turned to see some girl in skinny jeans and a t-shirt pinning Ally down.

What the hell?

Ally turned the bitch over and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

It was Stephanie? She wasn't wearing a short skirt or tight shirt or heels that would kill you.

She was wearing regular clothes....

What the hell happened while we were gone?

I went over to Ally and pulled her away from Stephanie. Stephanie got up quickly and glared at us "what the hell are you doing back?" She asked.

I just continued to stare at her in confusion "what the hell happened to you?" I ask. It just came out.

Ally looked at me for a split second then back at Stephanie with the same look I had on my face.

She must've finally realized that Stephanie looked really different. She actually looked.....normal.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Stephanie

They were looking at me like I was a ghost.

So yeah I'd change my appearance quite a bit. What Ally said to me....about me being fake? I don't know why but it made me feel worthless.

Then I heard about Ally being in the hospital and it made me feel it was my fault. Like I'd pushed her to far.

I suddenly didn't care about being the best anymore. I just wanted to live.....try something new.

My mom actually started talking to me again after I'd changed. My mom moved out a while ago, I live with my dad.

She said she refused to be the mother of such an ungrateful stuck up child. It's true, my dad spoiled me and gave me everything.

I thought that's what made me happy....turns out it wasn't.

I actually wanted to try and mess around with Ally. You know, tackle her and get a laugh. I didn't go as well as planned....

I wanted new friends, I didn't want to be around my other ones. I wanted to start new.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Ally

I walked up to Stephanie as she just stared at us with a sad look, she's definitely changed a lot.

I waved a hand in front of her face and smiled. She smiled back, what had happened to this girl?

She then gave me a hug. I was so confused I didn't move. I looked over at Jack and he smiled and shrugged.

When Stephanie looked at me again she had a sad smile. "Thank you" is all she said before walking away.

Jack just stared in surprise. I was just as surprised and confused. What had I done to make Stephanie like this? And why was she thanking me?