Cuts and Bruises

Ally

When Jack dropped me off I was really happy but as soon as he dropped me off I heard my mom scream.

I took off towards my house and flew through the door. Andy had a broken bottle and had hit my mom in the arm with it.

Cautiously creeping up behind him my mom shook her head no. So I did it anyway.

I twisted his arm and took the bottle from him, I underestimated his strength and he came out of nowhere and slapped me.

Pain shot through my face and my face stung as I fell to the ground from the impact. I held my cheek and looked up at Andy, I could feel the tears rolling down my cheek.

He glared at me "ungrateful child" he kicked me in the gut and my mother started to cry.

I held my stomach and wheezed, I found it really hard to breath. Andy picked my up by the collar of my shirt and held me off the floor in front of him.

I still tried to breath but this was making it harder.

Andy glared at me "one day you'll learn" is all he said before he threw me down and hit me twice more with the strike of his hand.

My face stung with pain as he walked out of the house, as soon as that door shut I used all my strength to get up and get to my mom.

She was crying in the corner of the room. I hugged her tightly and she cried, "I'm sorry, I should've stopped him" she says holding me.

I shake my head "it's okay mom, I shouldn't have taken the bottle from him" I sigh "and he would've hurt you if you had interfered" I say quietly.

She nods and I help her up "I'm gonna go to bed" I say kissing my moms cheek and going to my room.

I don't know how much longer I can take Andy. He can't keep beating us because he lost his sister, that was over a year ago.