Letter Two

The day we met you were wearing that lavender sweater. The one that had a hole in the collar from when you accidentally got it caught on the hanger before you put it away in your closet. You looked like you could be on the front page of one of those boring fashion magazines you love so much.

Do you still love them? Or did I take your ability to love anything at all away when I shattered you to pieces?

I remember thinking that you looked like you'd break my heart in an instant if I let you. Funny, isn't it? When I'm the one who broke yours instead. I've spent so many hours awake at night wondering why I did what I did to you. I'm not sure I really know why either. But you deserve to know the truth. Some kind of truth even if it isn't the truth that you were looking for.

Back to the day we met. I walked up to you and I used the first cheesy line that I could think of. "Do you come here often?"

We were in school. You came damn near every day. That's what you told me anyway. I felt so stupid right then, but I tried my best to give you a cocky smile that said I didn't give a damn at all. Did you fall for it, Tat? Or did you see right through my bullshit?

I don't think you did. Because if you could see through all my bullshit, maybe we wouldn't be where we are right now.

Aidan