Letter Six

I haven't been doing a very good job at this so far, have I? I'm supposed to be giving you truths, but all I can seem to do is throw myself pity parties in the form of letters. I'm doing this all wrong. I had a whole plan and now I'm messing it all up. Let's start over, shall we?

How many times have we had to start over, Tat?

I know I said I didn't know if I wanted to have a second date with you when you threw up three times. It wasn't the best first impression. But as you know we had a second date. So what made me call you up later that night and ask you if you wanted to go somewhere the very next day?

It was after you had thrown up for the third time. You were bent over a trash can and you looked over your shoulder at me and said, "Cotton candy tastes much better going down than coming up. In case you were wondering." And you gave me a full-blown smile and in that moment, I thought the world stopped.

That's why I kissed you after you wiped your lips clean of vomit. It was one of the most awful kisses I had ever had, but even to this day, I can't seem to regret it.

Because I knew in that moment you were a keeper, Tat. Truth.

And I know you're wondering what happened to make that truth a lie.

But that's a truth I'm not ready to tell you yet.

Aidan