Letter Thirty-One

I had gone to a party to get more pills, but I apparently didn't get the memo that that party was going to be a clean party. There wasn't even any beer. I didn't find this out until a while later since I never made my way into the kitchen.

I sat on the couch in the den area for maybe half an hour before Jessica came and sat down next to me. She asked me why I hadn't even spoken to anyone. And like an idiot i got sucked into the way she looked so innocent that I blurted out, "I'm trying to find someone to buy pills from."

And she just stared at me for a few moments before saying that there wasn't going to be anyone at the party who could sell me pills. That it was a clean get together without any alcohol. I have never felt like such an idiot when meeting someone for the first time in my life so maybe that's why I told her that I felt like I was drowning. That I had a girl at home who I could be watching terrible movies with but instead I was planning on bouncing from party to party on a Friday night until I could get more pills.

I don't know what I had expected her to say, but I was surprised when she told me that everyone feels like they're drowning at one point or another. Then she asked me if I liked Disney movies. I told her that your favorite movie was Finding Nemo and you had made me watch it at least seventy times.

I didn't tell her though that seeing how excited you got everytime made watching it over and over again worth it.

She surprised me by saying, "Then just keep swimming. For her."

Truth: I knew at that moment that she was just the type of person I needed in my life.

Aidan

-------------------

Just a little heads up, there are nine more letters left then an epilogue kind of thing. Then after that, I might do like a question/answer type thing? If anyone's even interested in that? Who knows.