Chapter 8: Secret Of The Ruby Reef

The Squadd have discovered that fairies and selkies have a special bond; whose energy can heal. With the selkies' help, the Squadd found the gem of Self-Confidence. But, they must still find two more gems to obtain Mermaidix.

In the depths of Lake Rochaluce, Nicholas the Nymph is talking to his brother, Hajari. Nicholas called Hajari through telepathic waves in Hajari's mins because he sensed the poor fire fairy's troubles.

"I can feel that you're worried, Hajari," Nicholas said.

"Oh Nicholas, we're running out of time. If we don't find the gems within one lunar cycle, we won't get Mermaidix Powers and we'll lose ours forever," Hajari said.

"You and your friends are strong. I know you can do it."

"Thanks, Nicholas."

While Hajari is talking to Nicholas, Alfea is having a party and all of the students are eating and dancing. It is a neon theme, so the Squadd have died their hair neon colors for the party. Hajari dyed his hair red. Michael, tan. Hajarianna, blonde. Willow, reddish-brown. Kajari, purple. Musa, blue.

"The Red Fountain-Alfea Annual Mixer," Hajarianna referred to the party. "Old fashion, yet totally league ball." Hajarianna dances up to Michael and Flora, who are also dancing. "Hey, you too!" she said.

"Looking good, Hajarianna," Michael said.

Hajarianna dances away. "Feeling good," she said. 

Hajari approaches Hajarianna.

"Hey, there you are," said Hajarianna. Hajarianna hugs her brother. "Missed you, love you", she said. "Communing with our Ethereal brother is cool and all, but this party is here, now at the moment. It's happening," she added. Hajarianna points to two specialists. "Look. It's Brandon and Bloom," she said calmly.

In Kajari's bedroom, Kajari is talking to Tecna through his phone.

"Okay. Guess what I'm thinking now," Kajari said.

"You're wondering if you know more prime numbers than I do," said Tecna.

"You so get me," Kajari said as he laughed, then he looked away.

A flash of light appears and out of that light comes the Mermaidix Book.

"The Mermaidix Book! Tecna, I gotta call you back." Kajari turns the page of the book and music that sounds like it comes from a harp starts to play from the book. "Whoa, it's another clue." The fairy analyzes the music with his phone.

Back at the party, Hajari and Bloom are slow dancing.

"Hajari? I'm not sure if I remember how to dance," Bloom said.

"Let's find out," Hajari replied. "Bloom. You were so brave back in Gardenia. You saved me from the Trix.

"You saved me too, Hajari," Bloom said.

Hajari dips Bloom.

"Even though I lost my memory--I still want you to know that..."

"Know what, Bloom?"

"That you mean..."

Bloom and Hajari trip and fall to the floor. They laugh and remain on the floor--no one is paying the couple any mind.

"Sorry," Bloom stuttered. "Really sorry."

Hajarianna and her boyfriend, along with Michael and Flora, are sitting down eating.

"Hey, what a great party," Brandon said.

"Isn't it?" asked Hajarianna. Hajarianna sees Willow standing by the stairs, leading to the school and Willow looks gloomy. "This is a party, Willow shouldn't be moping," Hajarianna said as she slammed her glass on the floor. Hajarianna gets up from her seat. "I know how to cheer her up." Hajarianna approaches three boys.