Chapter 12: Test Of Courage

In the oceans of Lynphea, the Squadd battled a hungry and enormous plant, tainted by Uranus' pollution. After defeating it, they solved the last riddle and are headed to the Great Yellow Reef of Domino in search of the Gem of Courage.

At Alfea in the Squadd's dorm, Musa and Kajari are in their room and they are talking about the new mission. Being not of noble birth, Musa was not able to attend the renewal ceremony. Kajari, who is of noble birth, had to stay back in case of an emergency for the Mermaidix Mission.

"So everyone went off to the renewal ceremony?" asked Kajari, he is typing codes on his computer.

"Yup," Musa replied as she stood over him. "Although, I don't think Hajarianna was entirely happy with their outfits."

"I'm happy they went. It's a big day for Hajari."

The Mermaidix Book appears.

You have only one more test to gain the Gem of Courage. Find the Yellow Reef and snatch courage from its jaws.

"The Yellow Reef? There are over one-hundred yellow reefs in the Magic Dimension," Kajari said as he typed in some more stuff on the computer.

Find the Gem of Courage. Time is running out.

"Man, if we don't finish this quest in the next two days, then we can say goodbye to our powers for good," Musa said.

"We need help and I know just who to ask. Mermaidix Box. Guardian of Mermaidix, please help."

A purple guardian appears out of the golden box.

"What can I do for you, Kajari?"

"Guardian, we need to figure out which yellow reef holds the Gem of Courage."

"Look for the yellow reef on a world that was saved by a single act of courage."

"Domino! My home planet! Bloom's bravery saved it." Kajari does some more typing. "Let's pinpoint the location of that yellow reef."

At Domino Castle, Hajari and Bloom are walking through the courtyard. Hajari is still sensing that his ethereal brother is not okay, but he has so many problems on his mind; he just doesn't have the time to go and talk to him.

"Still worried about Nicholas? I'm sure he's proud of you, Hajari. You're receiving a great honor today."

Hajari turns his head to Bloom and smiles. "But you're receiving the bigger honor, Bloom."

"Me? Why?"

"You saved Domino. You brought magic back here."

"I did?"

"You did. With this." Hajari points to a table with a red cloth under it. On top of the table is a glass case. Inside is the sword that Bloom used to defeat the Ancestral Witches and bring the flame of life back to Domino.

"You were able to pull the royal sword from the stone. Then, you saved me and brought the kingdom back to life."

"I don't remember that girl." Bloom bows her head. "She was so... fearless."

"You were that girl, Bloom. You still are." Hajari's lips peck Bloom on the cheek. 

A trumpet player blows. "His royal majesties, King Oritel and Queen Marion of Domino!"

Hajari quickly grabs Bloom's hands and pulls her. "Now come on, my parents are waiting," Hajari said excitedly.

"I don't remember them either," Bloom murmured.

Underwater, Uranus is zapping Nicholas with his Trident.

"Speak!" Uranus yelled.

"I will never. Tell you. The source. Of. Mermaidix. Monster," Nicholas said, trying to catch his breath.