Chapter 5: The Lilo

This is a "stand-alone" chapter of Squadd Bunch.

In a dark forest, the Trix have just increased their powers and they are planning an attack on the Squadd.

"The weather is mine to command without limits!" Corki said.

"The depths of darkness have no secrets from me," Jodi said.

"Sisters, behold the strongest ice spells in the whole Magic Dimension!" Sun-Hi said as she freezes the trees and makes the snow. "But we still need more power to defeat the Squadd."

At Alfea, the Squadd and their classmates are at Lake Rochaluce. They gaze as Michael is tested for his potency. He flies across the lake as geysers emerge and he misses them, but he is barely making it.

"The test course is tricky. You must maintain your speed, Michael," Professor Palladium said.

The Trix are getting stronger every day, I must train harder, Michael thought.

The geysers emerge around Michael and now he has adhered and he cannot get his way out. He starts nervously perspiring.

"Be confident, Michael, and focus your power!" Palladium said. "You can do it. Focus on what you love the most."

"Flora!" Michael said. Michael thinks of Flora and he feels inspired. He starts sparking a green glow. "When I think of you, Flora, I believe in myself." 

Then, a geyser emerges and throws Michael into the sky and then spews right into the water.

"Michael!" cried Hajari. 

Michael comes out of the water drenched. His wings are saturated and his ensemble is too. Michael bows his head in shame. "I'm sorry, Professor Palladium," he said.

"We'll keep working on it, Michael," Palladium conveyed. He and the class, except the Squadd, walk away.

"I just can't stay focused," Michael then said.

"That's not it, Michael. You are brave and powerful, but you have to believe in yourself," Hajari said. 

Griselda approaches the Squadd. "Squadd, Headmistress Faragonda wants to see you all. In her office!" Griselda said with a hostile attitude.

In Faragonda's office...

"Squadd, we are facing a serious situation on Earth and it involves your Believix Powers," Faragonda said.

"What's going on, Ms. Faragonda?" asked Hajari. 

"I'm afraid it concerns the Lilo."

"I've heard of it. It's a magical plant, right?" asked Michael.

"Because you Squadds brought magic back to Earth, the Lilo will blossom there for the first time in centuries."

"Why do I get the feeling that's not a good thing?" Hajarianna asked.

"The Lilo plant is very powerful and like many magical things, could be used for good or evil."

"We're ready. As Believix Fairies, this is our responsibility," Hajari said.

"Good. I believe the Lilo is somewhere in Gardenia. It will blossom only once at sunset and then it will lose its power. You must find it and plant it. You cannot allow it falling into...the wrong hands."