Chapter 9: The Gem Of Empathy

Uranus has grown stronger and stronger. His attacks have transformed his family into mutants. On Melody, he turned Musa into a monster that threatened the Squadd. And he has captured Nicholas and has taken his Mermaidix Powers.

One early morning at Alfea. The crickets are chirping while the whole school sleeps. Hajari is in his room tossing and turning as he yells in his sleep; sweating from his forehead to his back to his feet.

"Nicholas!" cried Hajari. "I will find you! Come on! I'm almost there."

In Hajari's dream, the fairy is swimming underwater as he sees his ghostly brother trapped in a bubble screaming for help.

"Hajari....Hajari! Help me!" cried Nicholas.

"Nicholas!" Hajari reaches his arms out as his brother gets further away from him. Then, a flash of light appears. Hajari jumps up from his bed, heavily breathing and sweating a lot. Hajari accidentally smacks Kiko off the bed. Hajari gets up and holds Kiko in his arms. "Sorry Kiko, but I had a terrible dream." Hajari lays back in bed and looks at the alarm clock. "Oh no! I'm late!" Hajari jumps up and runs into the bathroom.

Meanwhile, in the auditorium, Musa, Hajarianna, and Michael are in Professor Wiz-Kiz's class. Musa and Michael are paying attention while Hajarianna is drawing in her little notepad.

"Today we've discussed several different kinds of spells, but 'age-changer' spells are the trickiest of all. They can be hidden in almost anything," said Wiz-Kiz. Wiz-Kiz pulls out a teacup and grows a long gray beard and his skin becomes wrinkled. The whole class gasps at his spectacular transformation. Hajarianna, who is not paying attention, loudly crumbles up her paper.

"I can't concentrate with Professor Wiz-Kiz talking," Hajarianna said.

Wiz-Kiz transforms back into his real age. Michael raises his hand.

"Yes, Michael?"

"Professor, I read sometimes that people are attracted to age-changer spells."

"That's right, Michael. Sometimes age-changing is just what we need. Let's take a break." Wiz-Kiz walks out of the classroom.

"My newest designs. What do you think?" Hajarianna asked as she hands Musa her book.

"Cool," said Musa.

"I like them," Michael said.

"Really?" Hajarianna cheered. Hajarianna snatches the book from Musa's hands.

"Hey!" Musa said angrily.

Hajarianna hands Michael the book.

"Tell me every single thing you like about them," said Hajarianna. "What about this one?"

"Well it's-" Michael started but was interrupted by the chime of his phone. "Sorry," Michael answers his phone. "Flora!" He cheered. "Really? Mhm."

Hajarianna snatches the phone from Michael's ear.

"Hajarianna, give me back my phone!" Michael yelled.

"But we were in the middle of talking about my designs!"

"Hajarianna, be reasonable!" Michael snatches his phone back.

"You're acting like a three-year-old!" said Musa.

"Fine, but I know someone who will pay attention to me," said Hajarianna. "Mermaidix Box! Guardian of Mermaidix, please help!" The star-shaped box appears in Hajarianna's hand as the orange-colored mermaid appears out of the box.

"What is it that I can do for you, Hajarianna?" asked the guardian.

"Guardian, I want you to look at all my designs and tell me what you think."