🖤14🖤

Taehyung gripped the countertop under his hands. His teeth grit fiercely and he spun around on his heel. He burst through the kitchen door in time to see Jieun rushing up the stairs. His eyes burned with unshed tears as he watched her.

He had wandered into the kitchen area by chance, having taken a late evening walk around the house to get a feel for his surroundings. There was no telling how long Yoongi was going to make he and Jieun stay here. Jimin had offered to accompany him but Taehyung wanted to just be alone to try and clear his head. Hearing voices from behind a closed door with a light shining out from underneath of it, he leaned up close to it, pressing his ear close.

He heard the conversation play out between Yoongi and his father. Taehyung scowled when the elder man called Jieun a whore. His blood began to boil and he almost shoved through the door and laid his fist into the old man's face. Something stopped him though, and he heard Yoongi defend her. Taehyung's eyes shifted, confusion playing out on his face. He heard the older man leave through another door and he laid his hand on the door to push it open when he heard Jieun say she trusted him.

His heart squeezed knowing he had been keeping such a huge secret about his identity from Jieun. She had become one of his dearest friends next to Jimin. She deserved to know everything but he had kept it from her in order to keep her safe. Apparently that had made no difference and all his secret keeping ways had been in vain. He listened to Yoongi's response and decided that punk would not get the jump on him.

He shoved his way into the kitchen and saw Yoongi and Jieun standing close. His heart pricked a bit as he saw them together and knew Yoongi was looking at her with something he could only define as clear interest in his eyes. Taehyung's lip curled slightly as he quickly went over to the island in the middle of the kitchen. As he spoke, Yoongi looked at him, a cold smile spreading over his face. His eyes narrowed slightly as he watched Taehyung struggle a moment before blurting out his secret. Taehyung wanted to wipe the smug look off of Yoongi's face with his fists. He clenched his hands together and watched Yoongi take his leave.

Taehyung would never forget the look of betrayal and loss that flashed into Jieun's eyes. He had done nothing but lie to her and he would have to apologize repeatedly. The damage had been done. Nothing would ever be the same. He simply had to mend things the best he could and try to move on to something that could become a new normal for their friendship.

He gave Jieun a few moments to reach her room before he followed. He couldn't sleep knowing there was this huge issue between them. This woman meant the world to him. He hated he had hurt her. He owed her so much.

As her door closed he walked up to it and took a deep breath. He tapped on it, hearing sniffling and soft crying coming from the other side of it. "Jieun?"

"Go away, Taehyung. I can't even look at you right now."

Taehyung rested his forehead against the door. "I can't do that, Jieun. I need to talk to you. Please? May I please come in?"

"I can't believe you have the nerve to ask me that. Go away!"

"No. I'm staying right here till you open the door." Taehyung sighed. It was so late already and he was exhausted but this whole altercation had sent a shot of adrenaline through his veins. The panicked feeling in his chest would not let up. His hands rested against the door along with his forehead. He closed his eyes and prayed Jieun would open the door.

"Taehyung, I...I hate you so much right now," she said, her voice teary and closer to the door.

Taehyung's heart quickened at the new nearness of her voice. "I know. You have every right to. But you've been through a lot tonight and I don't want you to be alone. Also, I need to explain myself. Please, Jieun," his voice quivered slightly and he quickly swallowed back his tears.