🖤23🖤

Taehyung stood behind his desk.  He had been pacing the room all while Jimin silently watched.  His fuming and ranting had finally given way to quiet growling and mumbling.  He was extremely displeased with how Yoongi had just taken Jieun out from under his nose. 

Displeased?  Ha...

More like furious.

"Jimin.  Why should she be protected by him?  Why can't we both do it?  At the very least, anyway."  His eyes were dark.  He reached into his desk and pulled out his 9 mm handgun from the top drawer.

"I swear, Jimin, if he hurts her or she gets hurt while he's with her, I will personally kill him with this."  Taehyung slammed the gun down on the desk. 

"He said he would protect her," said Jimin softly.

"Seriously, you trust what he says?"  Taehyung's smile was cynical and empty.

Jimin shrugged and looked away.  He didn't trust anyone outside of Taehyung.  He adjusted his hands behind his back.  "I don't think we have any other option," he said, his eyes following Taehyung's angry paces.

"I will not lose her to him, Jimin," vowed Taehyung.  His fists were clenched and his cheeks were pink from his high blood pressure.  "I can't stay here any longer."  He grabbed his weapon and slid it into the holster under his arm.  "We're leaving."

"Are you sure that's wise?  What if-"

"What if what?!  What if she's laying dead in that house?  You know who's skills I trust for body guarding?  Yours!  I don't know what Hoseok, or even Yoongi are capable of!"  He snatched his coat from a wall hook and shoved his arms into it.  "C'mon.  We're going to her house.  I need to see with my own eyes that she's okay."

Jimin was not happy with this plan. He would much rather have stayed in the house. People were gunning for all of them. The less of a target they made of themselves, the better. However, he was obligated to follow Taehyung's orders. He quietly followed behind his boss, not looking forward to what they might find at Jiuen's home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twenty minutes later Jimin parked the sedan about half a block from Jieun's house. The area was peaceful and silent. There was yellow police tape across the door and Taehyung began to feel increasingly nervous.

"The police have been here?"

"Looks like it," mumbled Jimin, pulling up closer. "Maybe you should call Yoongi?"

"No.  If it's nothing then he'll know I'm snooping.  If he's dead, I don't guess he'll pick up, will he?"  Taehyung grabbed the door handle but Jimin quickly reached around to stop him.

"Let me go first."

Taehyung watched Jimin's hand for a moment and then looked up at him.  Life without Jimin?  It almost seemed as scary and unpleasant a thought as life without Jieun in it.  He knew Jimin was just trying to keep him safe, but if he were to be honest, if Jimin was going to put his life on the line for Taehyung, Taehyung was going to put his life on the line for Jimin.  "No, we go together." 

Jimin sighed but relented. 

Both men stepped from the car and stood next to it for just a moment.  Looking around, they quickly made their way to the back of the house.  The door had been kicked in, making it easy to enter the house without too much fuss.