🖤33🖤

Taehyung had closed himself off in his room for a few days. He had talked to no one, not even Jimin. Occasional noises could be heard coming from his room, but for the most part it had remained eerily silent.

Yoongi stood in front of the bedroom door, wondering if he should go inside. He knew Taehyung was dealing with a lot of emotions and he honestly did not know what he would do if he were in the same situation. In all actuality, he was in the same situation. He had just coped with it better. He wanted to help Taehyung, but he didn't know how.

He sighed heavily and turned, walking back into his own room. Hoseok had just come through the door that connected their two rooms together.

"Hyung," he said with a steady voice, "this came today."

"What is it?" asked Yoongi.

"I'm not sure," said Hoseok.

Yoongi took the card from Hoseok's outstretched hand and walked casually back behind his desk. Sliding open one drawer, he pulled out a sharp silver letter opener and ran it through the top of the envelope. His eyes scanned the card slowly and his brow furrowed. He threw down the letter angrily. "Who does he think he is?"

Yoongi paced back-and-forth behind his desk, growing more angrier by the minute.

Hoseok walked behind the desk and picked up the card. His eyes ran over the text. "A masquerade gala?"

"Yeah, a masquerade gala. Why would he invite me to this? What is his plan? He's obviously invited everyone who's anyone to this party, but why would he invite me?"

"Obviously, it's a trap," said Hoseok.

"Did Taehyung get one also?"

"Yes. I'm not quite sure how they knew to deliver it to this address. I can only assume it could be from the information that Namjoon gave him."

"Speaking of Namjoon, I haven't been to check on him in a day or two. How is he?" questioned Yoongi, ignoring the invitation for a moment.

"He's doing the same. Jungkook has been taking good care of him. It was touch-and-go for a while. Even the doctor wasn't sure that he would make it. But somehow he's managed to pull through. He's been quiet though. I'm sure he's had a very large trauma."

Yoongi nodded slowly. "I need to know exactly what he told Lee," he sighed.

"I'll make sure that you have some time in your schedule to go down and talk to him." Hoseok dropped the card back onto the desk.

"Now, back to this masquerade gala. I think it's time my brother and I joined forces." Yoongi smirked as he walked quickly towards the hallway.

* * *

Jieun was in her room quietly pondering everything that she had witnessed and heard. It was a lot to take in. She was saddened by the fact that she could not help her friend in any way. He wouldn't answer the door when she knocked, nor answer her text when she messaged him. Taehyung was in a very dark place right now. She had seen Jimin a few times, but when she inquired about Taehyung, Jimin would just smile sadly and say he was fine.

She wanted to help them anyway she possibly could, but her hands were tied. Spending more time with Yoongi lately had just cemented her feelings more and more. It was a bit difficult to admit she had a narrow and one-sided view of him before. But current events were quickly changing his demeanor from a violent mafia boss, to a more thoughtful, kind, and less cold-hearted man.

Jieun felt her cheeks warm as she thought about him, his adorably boyish smile, his fluffy hair, the eyes that seemed to pierce though to her soul. All of it combined made for one amazing man.