Chapter 9 : Upgrade

Elder Kettle's POV

I sat silently in the living room, asking myself one question: What did I do wrong?
Why? Why is it that I managed to loose both of my grandsons? I lost Mugman to the Devil, and Cuphead? I don't even know what happen to him.
He's been talking to himself a lot lately, or, to someone he calls "The Stranger". I asked him about it once, but he ignored me. His personality changed too. Cup has been more aggressive, and frankly, I've been more than a little worried. From his bedroom, I heard him talking to himself-I mean-"The Stranger".
"Stranger? How am I supposed to defeat the devil on my own?"
I gasped, 'defeat the devil'!? I continued to listen.
"I mean-I beat him once but, I had Mug. Now I'm on my own. What do I do?"
Then I heard something. Something I had never heard before. It sounded like strange, garbled words.
However, Cuphead responded to this,"An upgrade? You mean you'll give me new powers?"
Then I heard something else, like a roar of thunder. Everything fell silent. I listened, unsure wether I should go up there or not.
"Wowie! I feel strong! These powers are amazing!" My grandson exclaimed with glee.
I climbed the stairs and reached Cup and Mug's bedroom. I knocked on the door,"Cup? Is everything alright?"
No response.
Cautiously, I opened the door. He was standing in the middle of the room, facing the wall.
I cleared my throat,"Cuphead?"
He turned around. His eyes were a different color. They were purple. He smiled eerily,"Everything is fine, Elder Kettle. Don't worry about me..."
"O-okay..." I whimpered, shutting the door. I leaned against the door, covering my mouth with my hand.

What's happening to my grandsons!?

(A/N)
It's a short chapter but we get a little more development with this mysterious guy. And, before anyone gets confused, The Stranger is ??? guy, but he's not an OC. Cuphead only calls him "The Stranger" because he doesn't know his real name.

12/13/17