Chapter 15 : Make It Offical

Mugman's POV

Ever since the Devil became a mortal, two things changed: First, he'a more optimistic then he was before. Every time I saw him, he'd be smiling and laughing like a fool. I asked him why he's so giddy, and he answered,
"I can't help it! I just love being mortal!"
Second, he's a bit more...clingy to King Dice. Granted, they weren't together every second of every day, but when they were together, Devil would be more affectionate towards him. He'd hug him, and kiss him, sometimes he'd flirt. It was weird at first but I got used to it. King Dice didn't seem to mind, in fact, he couldn't get enough of it. I couldn't blame them. What they did together must have really brought them closer.
Because their always doing there thing, I've been able to have some alone time. The only thing I've been thinking about was my family. I hope Elder Kettle is okay in heaven. I miss him a lot, and I wish he was here. I miss my brother too. Cuphead. Where are you?

Cuphead's POV

I felt alone, afraid, and violated. I wiped blood off my lips, listening to what the Stranger said,
"Damnit!" He yelled to himself. "It didn't work! I guess the curse only applies to people older than 18. Useless 10 year old! What do I do now?"
He walked off into the darkness. Then I realized, he forgot to lock my chains! I can escape! I slipped my wrists through the bonds and quickly left my cell.
I looked in each cell. Empty, empty, empty! No, no, no! Where is he!? I have to find him! I ran through the hallway, looking for him. And then I found him.
He was sitting in a cell all by himself. I grabbed the cell's bars and smiled,"Elder Kettle!"
He heard me and ran to me,"Cuphead! Are you alright!? I heard what he did to you!"
I began to tear up,"I'm fine, but that doesn't matter! What matters is that you and I go home!"
"Cup, I don't think I can escape... but you can!"
"What-!?"
We heard something. The Stranger. He's coming. We fell silent.
"Just go! Leave me here! I've lived my life, you still have yours!" Elder Kettle whispered desperately.
"But-but Kettle-" I protested.
"Go! Find your brother! Protect Mug! Protect each other!" He demanded.
I started to cry,"I don't wanna leave you..."
Elder Kettle looked at my sympathetically. He placed a hand on my cheek and wiped my tears away,"Shh... I promise I'll be okay, just please escape. I can't bare the thought you being locked in here. Go."
I nodded with a sniffle. I held his hand one more time, looked into his eyes, and left. I had a new mission.

Find Mug.

Mugman's POV

I was sitting at the bar, writing a letter to Santa Claus. Christmas was in three days, and there was one thing that I wanted.
"Hey, kid! C'mere!" The Devil said to me. He was sitting on his throne, King Dice was laying across his lap playing with his fur.
I walked over and sat with them. I held my letter in my hand.
"What's that?" King Dice asked.
"It's my wish list!" I answered.
"Really? What've you been thinking of getting? Toys? Candy?" Devil wondered.
"No, not really. I only want one thing," I told them. I closed my eyes and hugged my letter, imagining my wish coming true. "A family."
The two of them looked at each other, surprised. Then they turned to me and smiled,"You want an early Christmas present?"
I stared at them,"What'd you mean?"
"Well, uh," King Dice stammered. "We were thinking about...something. Something special."
The Devil continued,"Ever since I turned mortal, the two of us have been talking about it again. And we've come to an agreement."
They smiled,"We'd like to adopt you."
My eyes widened,"R-really? You want to a-adopt me?"
"Yeah-I mean-" The Devil took a deep breath. "-You lost Elder Kettle, and you're brother's disappeared. And, we know we're not the ideal parents but..."
"We'd like to try, if you'd let us," King Dice finished.
I stared at them in disbelief. I smiled and tears fell down my face.
"Kid?" They looked at me, concerned.
I laughed,"Yes! I want to be your son! I want you to be my family!"
They grinned, tearing up too. They hugged me and I hugged back. We were laughing and crying. I've never felt happier!

We're officially a family.

Cuphead's POV

I peeked around the corner, no one. All clear. I walked out into the empty hallway. Where would he be hiding Mug? As I walked looking for my little brother, I heard a static noise approaching. I froze. It wasn't approaching me. I was approaching it.
I went into an empty room where the noise was coming from. There was nothing except a single, giant screen and a control pad. There were buttons and knobs on the pad. I pressed one. Suddenly the screen was no longer static, but instead, it was viewing someone from town. I gasped! It's a camera! Maybe...
I stared at the buttons, and pressed another one. The camera was watching Mugman. My eyes widened. Mug was with King Dice and the Devil. They were hugging one another, and...crying?
Mug was laughing,"I have a family again!"
A family? I connected the dots. They adopted him. I watched in disbelief. Then again, they did look nicer then they used to. Maybe they really have changed. Mug was right.
I smiled, tearing up again,"You did good, Mug. You did good."
Suddenly, a pair of arms grabbed me from behind. I screamed as they dragged me back.

What makes you think you can escape?

(A/N)
I meant to publish this yesterday but the original draft of the chapter was bad so I had to start over.

12/22/17