oblivious | p.p.

➟ word count: 716➟ prompt: "You are so oblivious, y/n

word count: 716
prompt: "You are so oblivious, y/n."
warnings: none

Ned quietly scooted across the floor in the science lab's infamous chairs. He peered over Peter's shoulder, quickly noticing that he was writing your name in the corner of his notes. Ned wasn't surprised, though. This had been going on for weeks, now.

Peter would try and sit as close to you as possible, he would write your name with his last name, and doodle you in his assignments. He didn't mean to do it, but you were too adorable for Peter to handle. Usually, he would skip classes just to sit on top of a building and look for crimes. But with you in almost every one of his classes, it motivated him to leave the suit in his closet and race to school.

Everything would've been fine if you didn't know him, he thought. But the two of you were best friends. You sat with him, MJ, and Ned at lunch, you occasionally went over to his house for dinner, and vice versa. You doing these small things completely drove his feelings for you off a cliff.

"Hey, Pete," You smiled, rolling up a chair and plopping your heavy backpack on the floor. "What're you drawing?"

Peter quickly realized that you were next to him, almost immediately closing his notebook and leaning his head against the palm of his hand. He smiled, waving your question off like he didn't hear it. You furrowed your eyebrows, fifty percent sure that he was daydreaming about Liz. She was always on his mind, anyways.

"Uh, okay." You mumbled, pulling out your phone and texting Ned. You could've just talked to him about Peter, but it was too risky with him sitting right in between the two of you.

y/n 🌼
what's up with peter? he's been acting weird lately

ned ⚡️
I actually don't know. It's probably something to do with Liz 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

y/n 🌼
yeah, you're probably right

ned ⚡️
I'm sure he'll come around, y/n. I think he likes you btw.
You're so oblivious, y/n.

y/n 🌼
yeah right, in my dreams maybe lmao 💀

You gave Ned a small smile, soon placing your phone down on the lab table. You didn't know what to do, in all honesty. You liked Peter, but you thought he liked Liz. There was really nothing you could do about it, well, nothing that didn't make you look like a complete brat.

The day seemed to slowly creep along, the agonizing pain of classes seeming longer than you remembered. All you wanted, at this point, was to go home and sleep. It was already your last class, which happened to be with Peter, Flash, and of course, Liz.

To be quite honest, you weren't too fond of Flash, but you didn't hate him. After all, he was only mean to you and Peter during your first year of going to Midtown.

"Y/n? Y/n y/l/n!" You opened your eyes to Flash snapping his fingers at you. "It's time to leave, you dweeb."

You sighed, slowly sitting up and adjusting to the bring lights of the classroom. From afar, you could see Liz and Peter laughing together. It may or may not have broken your heart a little.

"Hey." You moved your attention to Flash. "Do you need a ride?"

You nodded, grabbing onto his hand for stabilization. Taking a nap for almost the entire class took a small toll on you and the way you functioned. You usually walked home with Peter, but you could see he was too busy talking to Liz. It may have been the slightest bit wrong to hang out with one of Peter's enemies, but why not give people a chance, right? He sure was giving Liz a chance despite all the times she was rude as hell.

don't forget to vote, comment, and share, loves. It means a lot 💓

HAPPY HOLIDAY UPDATE WEEK!!! New updates will be popping up throughout the week, leading all the way up to 2018!! Hope you like the stories i have, lovies!

i did a Romeo and Juliet scene in front of my English class and I'm honestly so proud lmao

Also at first, my writing was going strong but then I partially gave up at the end. Sorry lmao  

-meg ♡