you're in the crowd ▻ peter

PROMPT ▻ you're in the crowdWORD COUNT▻ 795

WORD COUNT▻ 795

" you're in the crowd and I'm justーhere. I'm not in there with you. "

Parties weren't your thing. They never were and you never expected them to be. But your friends dragged you to one, despite your constant protests. Your boyfriend, Peter, used to hate parties with a passion.

used to.

Tired of sitting on the stairs, you made your way to the front door, squeezing your way through the tightly packed hallway filled with drunk and stoned teenagers dancing like tomorrow didn't exist. You weaves your way through the people dancing outside of the house, finally reaching the sidewalk. You car wasn't that far, thanks to your thinking before you went into the party.

You pulled out your phone from your pocket, dialing Peter's number, clearly not expecting him to pick up. It rang a few times before it went to voicemail. "Hey Peter. I, uh, I left the party. I got really tired of sitting on the stairs for fifteen minutes," you tried to make your laugh genuine, but it sounded really forced and uncomfortable.

"Peter, you're just," you paused for a second, unlocking your car and getting inside it. You tried to make the things you were saying seem not as bad as your mind thought they were. "you're in the crowd and I'm justーhere. I'm not in there with you. I'm not on the same page as you. I'll see you later."

Not trying to get anything started, you pressed the red button on the screen, quickly ending the call and going back to your thoughts. You gripped the steering wheel, resting your forehead on the top of it. This was too much for you.

p e t e r

The loud music echoed through the large house, blasting from every speaker that was visible. Peter was grinning, jumping up and down alongside Liz, Ned, Flash, and MJ. How he managed to get along with Flash and MJ, he had no idea. Only you were missing this time, his eyes searching everywhere for you.

You had been sitting on the stairs for a while now, so he excused himself from the little group and started looking for you. When you were nowhere to be found, that's when he started to panic. The stairs were empty, any chair in sight was occupied by someone who wasn't you.

His phone buzzed in his pocket, but he didn't bother looking at it, he was too busy looking for you. By the time the third song ended, he had searched every place that you could have possibly been.

Finally looking at his phone, he saw that you left a voicemail fifteen minutes ago. He pressed the notification, putting his phone up to his ear. "you're in the crowd and I'm justhere. I'm not in there with you. I'm not on"

He pushed his phone back into his pocket, pushing past all the teenagers just to get to the front door; maybe a few cups were spilled on his way there.

The fall air hit his face as soon as he got through he door, him not minding how cold it was. Looking around, he saw your little SUV, sounding like it had been started already. He ran up to it, unable to see inside because of your tinted windows.

y / n

You practically jumped out of your seat, a knock on your window scaring you half to death. You rolled down the window a little bit, making sure that it wasn't some type of kidnapper. Instead, you saw the mop of brown hair that belonged to Peter.

Letting out a sigh of relief, you unlocked the doors, watching as Peter opened the passenger side and got inside.

"Hey," he whispered, watching you turn the key towards you. The engine stopped but the radio was still playing. "Are.. are we okay?"

You stopped moving, staring down at the keys that were in your hands. Maybe you two weren't okay. You weren't sure, you had never thought of your relationship like that in what seemed like forever. You shrugged, still not wanting to look up at Peter.

"Because I-I feel like we've been fighting over nothing lately, and I really like you. I don't want things to get to the point where we can't fix anything."

You nodded, agreeing with him. "But we can fix it now." You replied, finally connecting your eyes to his.

"Of course we can. I promise we will fix this," he grabbed your hands, giving you a love-filled grin. "We can start by leaving this place and go to the frozen yogurt shop?"

You smiled, leaning over and pressing a kiss to Peter's cheek. "Of course."

a / n :
I found this from a chapter a while ago and let me tell you that this did not age well

a / n : I found this from a chapter a while ago and let me tell you that this did not age well