baby carrots | t.h.

word count: 661prompt: "We have baby carrots

word count: 661
prompt: "We have baby carrots..."
warnings: overload of fluff

"Honey! I'm home!" Tom shouted with a fake Brooklyn accent, a small manly giggle escaping his lips shortly after. He'd never really liked you announcing that he giggled, so you both settled on him emitting a manly giggle.

Setting down your spatula that you happened to be working with, you quickly made your way towards the front door, ready to greet your husband home from work. Tom had just finished wrapping on one of his movies and you figured what better than celebrating with dinner and some exciting news. As much as you hated hiding things from him, there was one big event that had you thinking about when the time was right.

Tonight would be perfect, you thought only hours into starting the day. Tom didn't have any acting gigs for a while, giving the two of you some resting time in between his busy and successful acting career.

Tom grinned when you entered through the hallway, holding out his arms for you to step into. As soon as you were enveloped in the warm hugs that your husband was fairly well known for, you let out a sigh of relief; you were glad that you had met this man.

"I made us dinner since I knew you'd want to celebrate your wrapping of your new amazing film," You lightly grabbed his hand and lead him towards the perfectly set table.

Tom intertwined his fingers with yours and stared deeply into your sparkling y/e/c eyes. "You didn't have to do all this, love."

You shook your head, dismissing his previous comment. "I did though. You try to make time for me in your messy ass schedule and this is me thanking you for that. I also have to tell you something later." A smile appearing on your lips.

"I can't wait." He replied, admiring the food laid out carefully on the table. "What do we got here on this lovely evening?"

"Uhm, we have baby carrots, baby tomatoes.." as hard as you tried to get your hints across, nothing phased him, not even in the slightest bit.

"Sounds good!" Tom sighed, sitting down in one of the cushioned dining chairs.

You groaned, a wee bit stressed that he decided not to take the easy way and guess himself. It's not that you didn't want to tell him, but the fact that you had to do it was a little nerve wracking. Him finding out seemed like a better way to do things.

But they didn't always go right. It took Tom a whole week to realize things in your apartment we're finally being put into boxes; only a few months after him asking you if you wanted to move into his half-empty home.

"Oh my God, Tom!" You laughed. "Have You not figured it out yet?"

Tom didn't say anything. He raised up his head so he was now looking directly at you in a confused state. As you nodded towards the food, he looked like he was analyzing everything closely.

"Wait..." he started, getting up and moving over to where you were standing. "A-are you..?"

In reply, you simply nodded. Though you were entirely sure that Tom had the same idea that you had, you were pretty sure you did. Otherwise, things were maybe going to go downhill.

"W-we're going to have a family?" He whispered, tears starting to form in his eyes. "We're going to have a family!"

Delicately picking you up and spinning around, a sense of relief and happiness washed over you, happy that you weren't the one to tell him and that I'm only a few short months, you would have a child running through the halls. It was... perfect.

feel free to vote, comment, and share, loves. It means a lot 💓

I have to present by myself in my business class and I'm so nervous ahhhh

-meg ♡