these days | t.h.

➟ word count: 321➟ prompt: lyrics to Avalon Young's 'These Days' (underatedartistcough)➟ warnings: n/a

word count: 321
prompt: lyrics to Avalon Young's 'These Days' (underatedartistcough)
warnings: n/a

※  ※  ※  ※  ※

YOU WERE SAT at your usual coffee shop booth, a book in your hands and a hot chocolate just wishing arms reach. This was heaven for you, like a second home. The comforting holiday scents seemed to always find their way to you, and no matter how much you argued, the owner always insisted that everything was on her. You still secretly placed a $20 in her tip jar each time you visited, which was almost everyday.

This day in particular, was cold and you needed a little warmth wrapping you up in it's comforting arms. You trotted through the doors of the cafe, and nodded a quick hello to the owner, who was behind the counter.

"Anything new today, y/n?" She asked, handing you a perfectly warm hot chocolate.

You thought for a minute, thinking about all the events that went on in the short amount of time. "Just picked up a bunch of vinyls and a little shopping. Nothing much."

She smiled and you thanked her, finding your little seat unoccupied and waiting for you. Setting your bags down, you noticed a guy that looked familiar staring at you. You shrugged it off, though, thinking you were silly.

Halfway through your chapter, the same guy that was staring at you was now on the opposite side of the table, the same book that you had in his hand. His smile was subtle as he looked up from his baseball cap. You studied his features, quickly registering them to a long lost friend.

"Tom!" You squealed, jumping up and engulfing him in a huge hug.

He laughed, returning the hug. "Hey there y/n/n."

※  ※  ※  ※  ※

don't forget to vote, comment, and share, loves. It means a lot 💓

( authors note )

ew this one was good then went south and burned. It's vv short too skjsksjs

ALSO!!!! ITS DOUBLE UPDATE FRIDAY BECAUSE I  JUST SET UP THE APPOINTMENT TO GET MY BRACES OFF AFTER 2 1/2 YEARS!!!

-meg ♡