⠀⠀ ↳ white lies | t.h.

➟ word count: 761➟ prompt: *continuation* lyrics to Avalon Young's 'These Days' (underatedartistcough)➟ warnings: n/a

word count: 761
prompt: *continuation* lyrics to Avalon Young's 'These Days' (underatedartistcough)
warnings: n/a

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

TOM SAT ON the chair across from you, clasping his hands and awkwardly looking at you. It was nice to see an old friend from your younger years in town, especially when they left.

You two were only starting high school when he announced that he was leaving to go film a movie and work on his ambition of acting. In all honesty, you were completely devastated that he was so suddenly up and leaving, but you understood. If you were given an opportunity to get to achieve your dream, you'd take it, right? Ever since, you'd occasionally see his familiar face plastered on a movie poster or appear on a talk show. And you would smile, muttering that you used to know him. Now, here he was. Tom Holland, sitting across from you with a huge grin on his face.

"So, what brought you back here, Holland?" You questioned, taking a small sip of your drink.

"Um, j-just returning for the holidays." He replied, a small and unusual stutter coming from his lips. Of all the years you had known him, even if you two were teenagers back then, you never once heard him stutter.

You shrugged and cuddled into your winter jacket, feeling the freezing winter air slither its way through the crack in the door.

Tom smiled at you, knowing exactly why he was back home. To be fair, he did, technically, tell the truth. It was the holidays and he really was home for it. But he also wanted to find you. He never forgot the day you told him that you wanted to own a small shop downtown and never leave your hometown. It was something most kids would say, not knowing what they wanted in the future, but you really meant it.

He knew that you'd be somewhere downtown, and after many hours of searching social media, he discovered that you were at a coffee shop every other day. Tom made up some excuse to his parents to get out of wrapping gifts, seeing as it was Friday. It was another little white lie, but it seemed okay as long as he got to see you again.

"Mmhmm, sure." You nodded, sarcasm in your voice. You brought your cup back up to your lips once again, your body temperature heating back up. London weather was harsh!

Your gaze locked with Toms. His eyes had never changed. Back in middle school, you knew what liking someone felt like, but now, you could feel yourself falling for him. Middle school was all based on physical attraction. And while you were still attracted with his features, you were also in love with his personality. In all honesty, you thought Tom would completely forget about you and the places you two always visited, but he didn't.

Tom cleared his throat, adjusting his posture. "So how's your family doing?"

"They're doing great, actually," you started, thinking about your siblings and parents. "Jack started his writing, Amb-"

He tuned out at this point. It's not that he didn't care, but everything was too overwhelming about you. Tom loved how passionate you were about your family and your home. He liked you, a lot, but he didn't want to rush anything; not be too cliche about returning. He had just gotten back from years of not seeing you, and he wanted to take his time. Tom never expected you to run into his arms and immediately start a relationship, and he was thankful for that.

Tom wasn't like that. If he fell for you, he wanted to make sure that you felt the same way instead of pressuring you into thinking you liked him. He wanted to take you out on a chill date, but for now, he'd have to settle on trying to revive your title of 'best friend,' and he wasn't complaining.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

don't forget to vote and comment, it means a lot 💛

( authors note )

HAPPY FRIDAY BABES!! I'm extremely happy this morning bc my best friend (also uh guy I like) lowkey hung out with me for 10-15 minutes and it just makes my heart go 💞💓💗💖💘💕 ugh

Sorry for being so dramatic lmao
ALSO I'm I start gym in a week and I'm honestly not excited at all, like we get graded for how much we can do ? Like if we get lower than average on the pacer we get a d or something??? Um yeah, that's a no from me 🙅‍♀️🚫

-meg ♡