the thrill ▻ peter

PROMPT ▻ the thrill WORD COUNT ▻ 744

PROMPT ▻ the thrill
WORD COUNT ▻ 744

" let's get this done."

Your leg swung perfectly at the redhead's ankles, sending two of them tumbling down the stairs. To be completely honest, it was fun living out your child dreams of fighting criminals. At first, you were plainly doing it for some money, but now you enjoyed the rush you got. 

Getting up from the laboratory hallway floor, you quickly looked for anyone who could have been left. A smile tugged on your lips when you saw three more people trudging towards you.

"Dazzle me with your sparring, boys" you exclaimed, motioning for them to move towards you. They gladly accepted the invitation, all rushing towards you and ready to throw punches.

You somehow managed to block them all, eventually leaving them all standing at one side of the room with you at the other. Your body was starting to get tired - tired of dodging all the kicks and punches, and tired of running everywhere.

The side of your face was starting to get a little bruised, only a select few people managing to get a few hits in. "Alright, I have a decathlon tomorrow, let's get this done."

You started walking towards the other side of the room, just wanting to go home. Before anyone could breathe near you, you jumped up and grabbed onto one of the exposed pipes that were hanging from the ceiling. You silently thanked Nat for teaching you new combat tricks last week.

Swinging yourself back and fourth, you managed to take down two of the guys, pushing them through the already broken window surrounded by jagged glass. The other one, however, had gotten you weak, your body too tired to do anything more. You were on the floor, trying to do any damage to him - but nothing worked.

"We really need you to live so we can win the decathlon, y/n." You let out a sigh of relief as soon as you heard Peter's voice. If he hadn't showed up, you honestly thought you would have, well, died.

"Gee thanks, Pete. Not even an are you okay? Steve would be so disappointed in you," you choked on your words, feeling and hearing your voice fade in and out. You tried not to talk, desperately still wanting to participate with your team in the morning.

Trying your best to get up, your body tensed and completely gave up, not allowing you to move anywhere. Maybe that endurance training you had skipped wasn't the brightest idea. Thought you wanted to yell at Peter to stop using witty comebacks and just fight the dude, you didn't. Even if really tempted you to.

In a few seconds, the third and last guy was out the window. Instead of saying another witty comeback or something, Peter ran over to you, looking over all your bruises and cuts.

"You're okay, right? You're not dead?" He asked frantically, opening your eyes with his hands. You quickly pulled his hand away, giving him a thumbs up soon after.

His eyebrows furrowed together when he saw you pointing towards your throat, wondering what the hell was wrong with you - in a polite way, of course. It took him five minutes before you decided to use your voice to tell him.

"I'm losing my voice, Peter!" You almost screamed, quickly wincing when you heard and felt how bad your throat was getting. Your head fell back into his lap, your eyes staring into his.

His eyes sparkled with amusement, loving how you looked after a long day fighting robbers and everything in between. He pushed back some stray pieces of hair away from your face.

"Don't you dare try to kiss me until we're back at my house, Peter, or I swear-" you warned, glaring at him.  He tried to glare back at you, pointing "Thank you though. Now, I'm going to stop talking."

"You're cute," Peter laughed, picking you up and maneuvering his way past all the broken furniture and glass of the abandoned apartment. "If we can beat up six guys in less than a half hour, we're so going to win that decathlon!"

[ a / n ]

hey babes I changed my book cover last night and I'm still debating how I feel about them, but for the most part, I love them.

ALSO it just so happens to be double update week! Therefore, you'll be getting TWO new chapters today!

ily guys sm ♡

-meg xx