music taste ▻ peter

▻ word count: 534▻ title: music taste ( in which two people meet and bond over a song )※ ※ ※

word count: 534
title: music taste ( in which two people meet and bond over a song )
※ ※ ※

Now how were you going to explain the bruises that were starting to form on your ribs, arms and legs? It's summer, there's no way in hell that no one would question you wearing jeans in ninety degree weather.

"You know, you could help me out a little and try not to bruise me? I have school tomorrow!" You were annoyed, to say the least. Placing your hands on your hips, you watched the masked man in front of you was slowly get up, a glimmer of something shiny in his hands. "That's all you have, seriously? You only brought a knife to rob a precious, valuable artifact? Really?"

He started running directly towards you, but you quickly stopped him, sweeping your own feet under his to make him trip. It didn't help, no matter how cool your little stunt was. You shuffled through your little bag sitting on the floor. In two seconds, he was on the flooragain. A taser was in your hands, your face expressionless.

You never got any of the good fights. Your dad always assigned you the easiest jobs, not wanting you to get hurt. You understood his point, but the fact that you couldn't take a risk once in a while was... completely bogus.

Shuffling through your backpack again, you confidently found a rope, allowing you to tie up the idiot that was currently passed out on the museum floor. Before you started, you found your phone, still laying on the ground from where you had dropped it the moment you got inside the building. The screen was still lit up, one of your favourite songs on pause.

Not wasting a single moment, you unplugged your earbuds and pressed play, the song starts to play in the empty museum. You picked up the rope and started to tie up the weak robber, singing while finishing your job of capturing him.

Once the song was over and you started to pack up your things. Just as you were ten feet from the exit, you heard something hit the floor.

"Redbone by Childish Gambino, huh? You have a great taste in music, just letting you know," You recognized the voice from anywhere. It belonged to Queens' own Spider-Man, or to you, Peter Parker. You knew who he was, but you didn't think that he knew who you were. Your dad had introduced you to him at the parking lot of the airport; where you soon after beat him in a fight.

"Yeah, well, I got my music taste from my dad and his friends, so I have them to thank," a laugh escaped your lips, making your way to the door. Pushing it open, you stopped, looking back at the masked crime-fighter standing behind you. "Parker?"

He looked up, not wondering how you knew his name.

"Make sure you don't forget about your science homework." With that, you left the museum, letting out a small giggle. His face looked so confused! You just couldn't wait until the day you revealed to him who you were underneath your own mask.