lonely | peter

➟ word count: 602➟ prompt: ❝She grabbed my face and that's when she said; I like that you're broken

word count: 602
prompt: She grabbed my face and that's when she said; I like that you're broken. Broken like me [ based off 'broken' by lovelytheband ]
warnings: none..?

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

"PETER! GUESS WHAT?" You ran down the hallway, trying not to lose sight of the brown-haired boy in the navy blue shirt. Your math test was tightly gripped in your hands, excitement plastered on your face.

After many hours of studying with Peter, your work paid off and you managed to score an A on your test.

"No way! Are you serious?" You shook your head in disbelief, too. Only a handful of people in your class had gotten (almost) perfect grades, or at least, you thought. And you happened to be one of those people. You owed it all to Peter, though. He made the decisions to stay up until dawn on the weekends to help you study, and spending his after-school time at your house, while your younger siblings made him their own personal jungle gym.

You liked him, and he liked you, there was no doubt about that. You both had admitted it the night after homecoming, Peter realizing he had asked the wrong person to accompany him to the dance. There wasn't any cliche 'I like him but I don't know if he likes me, then he secretly likes me' situation, and you both became a couple in no time.

"You continue to amaze me, love." Peter gushed, shuttling his locker and pulling you in for one of his, much needed, hugs. Your arms wrapped around him as well, trying to hold him as close as you could.

You smiled, feeling completely content about your little moment. Besides, you needed a second to forget about the upcoming test in history. Peter held one hand on your shoulder, pressing a light kiss to your temple.

"I completely forgot about the history test, oh my god!" He shouted, letting go of your relatively fast and scrambling to open up his locker. "I'm definitely failing this, I know literally nothing about history!"

You stifled a laugh, deciding whether or not you should tell him that the test was next week, not today. And, of course, he didn't understand a thing regarding the topic. He was broken, his whole life was twisted upside down. He had lost his parents, his uncle, turned into a crime-fighting teenager, and his whole study-structure was "jacked up."

As for you, the hard task of balancing worrying about your crime-fighting boyfriend, planning things for student council, which was new for you, and studying for multiple tests at once was not fun. You were feeling yourself breaking even more than you already were. The fact that your parents were slowly starting to stop their constant fighting was helping little by little, but not enough.

Instead of letting him suffer along with you, you cupped your hands against his face, giving him a huge smile. His face twisted in confusion, wondering why you weren't panicking too.

"You're broken like me, and I love you for that. We're broken together, Parker." You whispered, pressing a kiss to his lips. "And the test is next week. Until then, I can help you study. In return for a movie date, of course. That is, if you'll go with me?"

Peter let out a little laugh, smiling at the fact that you thought you had to ask him out on a date. Truthfully, even when you went to the store and picked up microwaveable meals, he considered it a date. He would go to the ends of the world for you.