in a heartbeat | tom

➟ word count: 832➟ prompt: which you and Tom are in an interview and reveal that you two would adopt a child➟ warnings: fluff bomb [ also I had an idea and I think it went south ]

word count: 832
prompt: which you and Tom are in an interview and reveal that you two would adopt a child
warnings: fluff bomb [ also I had an idea and I think it went south ]

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

"SO YOU TWO have just recently celebrated your three year anniversary?" The interviewer asked, grinning at y/n and Tom; or 'the couple everyone looks up to.'

A slight blush dawned up on y/n's cheeks, showing thousands of viewers how flustered she still got after years of dating. As for Tom, he had a grin on his face, his gaze stuck on her.

"That is correct! The best three damn years of my life, that's for sure. "Tom gushed, squeezing y/n's hand. After over three years of dating, the two had finally finished filming a movie together. Y/n and Tom didn't meet on a movie set like most of their friends, but instead at a movie theatre. The only seats left for their favourite movie was directly next to each other.

"Is it alright if we ask you two some quick fire questions?" The pair nodded, taking their own whiteboard and marker to use.

"Who's the laziest on weekends?" Y/n thought for a minute, tapping the marker to her chin a few times. On weekends she almost always found herself rewatching Stranger Things until the end of the day. As for Tom, he usually never got up, often ordering dinner and having it delivered.

Y/n quickly scribbled down his name and held it up, happy to see his own name on his own board.

"The band fanatic in the relationship?" Before y/n could even answer, Tom pointed at her, knowing how much she gushed about bands that she loved.

"Alright. We chose a fan question for this last one," the interviewer explained, pulling a thin piece of paper from a hat. Classic. "Would you ever adopt a child?"

Y/n had to think for a second before writing down her answer again. When the two revealed their answers, they were extremely surprised. Tom's read 'of course,' and y/n's read 'in a heartbeat.'

"Ok, I'd love to adopt a child, but not-how do I put this," y/n thought for a second, trying to figure out the words to explain what she was thinking. "But we cannot adopt all those hundreds of fans who comment 'adopt me' on my posts."

※   ※ ※

"Alright, Tom, Y/n, how are you feeling on this warm summer day?" Harrison asked, pointing the camera at the couple.

It had been just about a year since the iconic interview where the pair revealed that they wanted to adopt a child. The internet had been crazy since then, fans trying to figure out when the event was going to happen, and social media articles  reporting the most absurd stories imaginable.

"I'm extremely excited," y/n replied, grinning from the front seat of the car. "Me too. I'm more excited for the updated how to cut hot bread tutorial." Both Tom and Harrison started to laugh at their little joke.

Y/n silently watched as the city passed by, places becoming more familiar.  She glanced down at the ring on her left hand, admiring how it shined in the daylight. A few weeks back, Tom and y/n visited a few foster homes and evidently decided to give an official home to two siblings. As the car neared the home, y/n felt butterflies erupt in her stomach.

Placing her hand on the door handle, y/n felt the warm summer air surround her body. Tom and Harrison followed, Tom grabbing her hand. The only sound enveloping the three were the clicking of y/n's Converse hitting against the pavement.

Tom took the first move and hit the door gently three times with his knuckle.   It only took a few minutes for the foster parents to answer the door, smiles spread across their face. When y/n and Tom first visited, the couple explained that they would have adopted the siblings but they already had three kids.

Natalia and Brendon were their names and they were extremely adorable, the best kids you could ever have the pleasure to meet.

As soon as Tom and y/n stepped in the front hall, Harrison following with the camera pulled out, Natalia and Brendon immediately ran up to them, excited to see them again.

"Hey guys!" Tom exclaimed, taking Natalia in his arms. "We have some news for you guys!"

"What?!" Brendon questioned, placing his hands on both of y/n's cheeks. At that moment, y/n felt tears well up her eyes.

"We officially adopted you. You're coming home with us!" She exclaimed, trying not to let the two see her cry.

"We knew we were going to adopt you in a heartbeat."

※ ※ ※ ※ ※

don't forget to vote and comment 💛

WOW I LOVE THIS CHAPTER WITH ALL MY HEART I KNOW I SAY THAT ALL THE TIME BUT FR SKSJSKSJS

also I just noticed my school has a frozen yogurt machine?? uhm when??

-meg 💛