Nine

Tonight got me all shaken up. Roman did take me home, but I asked him if he could stay over. He agreed. He was able to sleep but I wasn't. That guy said that Roman's going to get me killed. He must be crazy. He must be off his meds or something. He tells me to stay away from Roman. I've never have seen anyone so afraid before.

I don't know how long I've been up, but I heard Roman's breathing come out more rapidly. I turned to see sweat beading down his forehead as his eyes go tight. He kept on shaking his head as he started to breath more frantically. I quickly sat up and shook him.

"Roman," I whispered. His fist tightened around my pillowcase as he kept muttering no, no, no over again. I shook him more. "Roman. Roman." His eyes snapped open as he shot up. I started soothing him while my hand rubbed his bare back. "Hey. Hey. Hey. It's ok. It was just a nightmare."

Roman quickly looked at me and pulled me into his arms. He held on tight as he started to kiss the top of my head. "You're here," He breathed softly. "Thank god."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, hoping he would. This is the second one this week. Roman started having these nightmares a few months ago and every time I wanted him to talk about it, he would say no.

I wasn't that surprised when he shook his head. "No." He sighed as he laid back. "Um, let's just go back to sleep before your uncle runs in with a bat again."

I nodded before I laid back down. I turned to my side, but Roman grabbed me and pulled me on top of him. My head laid on his chest while his free hand held mine. His arm wrapped around my shoulder. I looked up. He was already looking at me before he leaned down and gave me a hard kiss. This kiss...it felt like he wanted to make sure that I'm still here. That he needed to make sure I'm here.

He pulled away. "I love you, Lee. Never forget that."

I smiled at him. "I know. I love you, too."

》》》》

Ah, English. The one class where me and five other students do their homework. But our teacher started reading towards the class, I couldn't help but get sleepy. Roman tapped my arm and handed me a paper. He motioned towards Peter.

I heard the teacher sigh in annoyance. "Are we passing notes, Mr. Godfrey?"

"Wouldn't dream of it, ma'am," He responded.

I held my hand over my mouth to stifle a chuckle before the teacher went back to reading. I looked at Peter and tapped his shoulder. When he looked over I made sure the teacher wasn't looking before passing the note. Peter slowly opens it and looks over at us. I gave him by best puppy dog look while Roman gave him a thumbs up.

We know Peter didn't kill those girls, but we talked about it and wanted to know if we could see Peter transform. Actually Roman tried to convince me to stay for some reason, but he eventually agreed when I pointed out that I would just follow them anyway. Peter sighed before nodding at us.

》》》》

"Are you sure you don't want to go home?" Roman asked for the hundredth time since we started coming up here.

I shook my head. "No way. I want to see this just as much as you. And what's the matter with you anyway. You use to love me coming with you."

"I do. But I was thinking maybe I see him this month and you see the next."

I chuckled before I knocked on Peter's door. "Ok, now you're sounding like a parent fighting for child support."

He sighed, knowing he's not going to get anywhere with me. "Fine. Just...Just promise you'll stay behind me the entire time."