Ten

I slowly blinked my eyes open. I looked around the room in confusion when I found my head on a couch arm rest. Last night came back to me. Peter freaking Rumancek is a werewolf. I actually saw my friend go through a very painful transformation. I could still hear his bones breaking and screams.

I felt something on me and looked down to see Roman's head on my lap as he slept. I ran my hand through his soft hair. A small smile came to his face which made a smile come to mine. I heard clatter coming from the kitchen and looked to see Lynda making herself food.

"Sorry, didn't mean to wake you," She whispered.

"It's ok." I looked towards the clock. 6:45 a.m. "Is Peter here?"

She shook her head. "No. He usually comes back around 8. Gets real hungry when he comes in." Then she realized she still had some leftovers on her plate. "Oh, how rude of me. Would you like some, Lyanna?"

I shook my head. "No, thank you."

Roman began to stir. I removed my hand from his hair and reached down to grab his. I laced our fingers together and felt him tighten his grip.

"Strange," Lynda said.

"What is?"

Lynda came out of the kitchen. She crossed her arms and kept looking between me and Roman. "The way he is around you. From what I've seen, Roman's a...."

"Egotistical jackass?" I finished.

She nodded. "No offense to him." She sat down on the table. "Tell me, how did a boy like that get a sweetheart like you?"

"You sound just like my Uncle Cam." I chuckled. "Umm, I don't know really. Just like everyone else, I hated Roman with every fiber of my being." I looked down and used my free hand to run it through Roman's hair again. "Then one day...something just clicked. I'm not gonna lie, but I thought he was going to hit it and quit it after a month later. Guess I was wrong."

"Well, Roman is lucky to have a girlfriend like you. And my son is lucky to have a friend in both of you."

I smiled at her. "Thanks, Lynda." Peter is lucky to have a mom like her.

And speaking of Peter, he finally came home. I'm glad he grabbed a blanket and covered himself. I didn't want to see his friend again. Roman started to stir and he looked up as he finally woke. Peter seemed a bit shock that we were still here. He looked at Lynda before he made his way towards his room.

Lynda looked at Roman. "Good morning."

Roman nodded back at her before he rubbed his eyes. He let out a little yawn as he got off me and grabbed one of his cigarettes. He lit it and took a long drag before offering me one, which I shook my head no. Then he leaned back and took another drag when Peter came out of his room.

I sighed happily after Lynda gave Peter some water. "Finally, you've changed."

"I can't exactly walk around my house naked, now can I?" Peter joked weakly. He grabbed the plate with his rings as he sat down. "Well, I could. But we don't know how Roman might take it."

That got a small snort out of me. I let out a little yawn before I leaned back. "So how was it?" Roman asked. Peter got quiet with a disturbed look on his face. "What?"

"Something was out there," Peter said. "A scent."

"Of what? Milk-bone?" Roman laughed.

"Was it another one of you?" I asked. Peter looked up at me. "I mean...like wolfed out and all that."

Peter shook his head. "I don't know, but it's something bad." He turned around and looked at Lynda like if she was suppose to know. Peter grabbed his necklace. "Look, last night, you guys and my mom - you're the only ones who know. I need you two to keep it that way."