Nineteen

I really need to thank Olivia. I've completely forgot about tonight's gala. Not only that, I told her I couldn't go because I was grounded. She spoke to Uncle Cam and she got him to agree that me going is a good decision. I don't know what she said to him, but I'm really happy that she did.

I stood in front of my mirror adjusting my dress when Uncle Cam came in.

"Knock, knock," he said. I turned around and looked at him. He had a small smile on his face. "Wow. You look just like your mother."

"Thanks," I said as I looked at myself. I really didn't think I would fit into this.

Uncle Cam sighed as he sat on my bed. "Lyanna, you understand why I grounded you?" I nodded. "And you understand why I told you not to see Roman and Peter?"

"Because they're a bad influence on me," I answered.

He nodded. "It seems like just yesterday...you were running around in your backyard in that little pink tutu. Your father had to pick you up before you ruined your dress, but what he didn't know was that you had cake all over the ruffles."

A small smile came to my face at the memory. "He got frosting all over his shirt." That smile faded away. "But, Uncle Cam, that was years ago. Things have changed."

"I know. I know." He got up and made his way over. He placed his hands on my shoulders. "If only your father could see what a wonderful woman you've turned out to be. Despite the fact that you're dating an ass."

"You don't know Roman like I do. But...do you think my dad would have liked him?"

"As long as he makes you happy. He wouldn't have cared if Roman was the world's biggest jackass."

I pulled away from him and went over to my jewelry box. "Roman does make me happy. I've never been this happy since I've moved in with you."

Uncle Cam followed me. "I might have been a little harsh on you. It's our last month, you don't deserve to be grounded for that." He pulled out a silver chain with an amethyst gem. "Wear this one. It goes better with the dress."

I took it from him. "Thanks." He nodded before he walked towards my door. "Wait." I turned around the same time he did. What was he trying to say? "Does this mean, I can hangout with Roman and Peter?"

A small smile was plastered on his face. "Yes, Lyanna. Your punishment's over." I squealed in happiness before I ran over and hugged him. I kept thanking him, which led him to chuckle. "But that doesn't mean I'm going to not be strict. I want you home before 11. If you are staying over at the Godfrey's, have Olivia call me."

"I will."

》》》》

I told Roman the good news. He said it's about time Cam did something right. It's been a good night, so I let that comment slide. I pulled up to Roman's house and made my way inside. Roman said he'd be in his room and to just come up. I made my way up the stairs. I went towards his room, but I stopped when I heard a few things clatter in Olivia's room. I furrowed my brows and made my way over.