Thirty

Flashback

When Roman said we were going on a date, I thought he meant we would do something simple like go to the movies. Or go to the amusement park. I didn't know he would take us to Minx, one of the fanciest restaurants in Hemlock Grove. My mouth flew open at the building.

I didn't notice that Roman got out of the car and opened my door for me. I got out of the car, awestruck still on my face. "Wow," I breathed.

"You've ever eaten here?" he asked as we walked inside.

I shook my head as we were greeted with a fountain that had angels holding instruments while the water was shooting out of them. "Not really, no."

The waiter at the front motioned his arm out. "Mr. Godfrey, your table is ready."

"I know that," Roman said as he grabbed my hand and lead me towards it.

I still couldn't help but look around the place. It was just straight windows to give us a view of the outside. There was a small band in the back playing violins while one guy was on the piano. The table itself had a clear top while there was an angel decor holding it.

Roman let go of my hand and went towards his seat while I sat down. The waitress suddenly came up to us with a cheery smile on her face. "Hello, Mr. Godfrey. I'm Felicia and I'll be your server today," she said.

Her eyes were basically full of want. I could see her eyes roaming on Roman as she took in his appearance. She's really pretty though. She had this huge bust with a tiny waist. Her red hair was curled perfectly. Her nails were beautiful. I started to feel uncomfortable just being near her. If I wasn't here then Roman surely would have fucked her in the bathroom.

"That's great, thanks," he said, not paying attention to her. He told her what he wanted for food and she jotted it down eagerly. She was probably thinking about how she wanted to be on the menu for him if you know what I mean. Roman looked up at me. "And anything she wants."

The woman looked at me and her smile turned into a scowl. "What can I get for you?" she asked rather rudely.

I didn't even realize I didn't even look at the menu. I quickly glanced down. "Uh," I began before going with something simple. "Can I get the pasta alfredo?" She rolled her eyes at me before she gave Roman a flirty smile before she walked away. I gave Roman a nervous look. "She's not going to spit in my food, is she?"

"Why would she?" he asked.

"Because it's not her riding you this very moment," I admitted. "Roman, she clearly doesn't like me."

"That's her problem," he said. He reached over and grabbed my hand. "Lee, she's only jealous that I'm here with you and not her. Because that would make her think I'm with the most beautiful person right now. But it's not her. I'm here with you and if she has a problem with it I can go get her fired right now."

I shook my head. "No, no. It's fine." I don't want anyone getting fired because of something like this. "I just..."

Roman brought my hand up and kissed my knuckles. "Don't worry about it. We're on this date together. Ok?"

Yeah. Yeah, he's right. I'm just overthinking it too much. I'm on a date with Roman Godfrey, I should be getting used to this. If anything I should have expected it.

"Ok," I said. You know, for a fancy place like this, it sure is empty. I looked around, maybe more people are coming. "Um, Roman. Does this place look a bit empty?"