Eighteen

I yawned as I rubbed my eyes while going down the stairs. I had to sneak inside the house to avoid waking Cam up. I went towards the fridge and grabbed the milk before I heard someone clear their throat. I jumped a bit, making me drop the milk.

I gave Uncle Cam a look. "Really?" I went to pick it up, but his voice cut  me off.

"Leave it," he snapped. My eyes widen when I looked up. "Where were you last night?"

I still grabbed the spilt gallon. "I was at Letha's," I lied. I still feel a bit sore from last night. "We were watching a movie and I forgot how late it was."

"Really? That's the story you're going to stick with? I thought we weren't going to lie to each other, Lyanna."

"I - I'm not."

Uncle Cam tilted his head to the side. "You sure about that?" He suddenly walking towards me. "Then explain to me the call I get at 4 in the morning from the police." I froze. Shit. "They found a shovel at Lisa Willoughby's grave. Left the grave wide open, but her corpse was cut wide open."

"Who would do something like that?" I asked shockingly. Shit. Shit. Shit.

"I don't know, you tell me?" He challenged. Uncle Cam crossed his arms. "The officer told me they found a shovel that belonged to Roman's gardener, who's been in the hospital for three weeks, along with three sets of foot prints. Two males and one female."

Shit. "Maybe they stole the shovel and decided to pull some kind of sick prank?"

"Digging up a corpse?!" He yelled. I closed my eyes as I flinched, "I don't know what you, Roman, and Peter were doing, but this isn't funny, Lyanna! This is serious! You've dug up a dead girl. Do you have any idea how disrespectful that is to her family?! Do you know you could go to jail for this?"

I took a deep breath. "We didn't do it. I was with Letha," I said calmly.

"There you go. Lying to me. I thought I raised you better than that." He placed his hands on his hips. "Be glad I lied to the cops for you. Until we move, you're not allowed to see Roman or Peter."

My eyes widen. "You can't do that!"

"I just did!" He turned around and started walking out. I followed him.

"Uncle Cam -"

He fixed his tie as he opened his car door. "No, Lyanna. You are forbidden from seeing that boy or that gypsy." He got inside and slammed it shut.

I went over to the other side and started banging on his window. "Uncle Cam, you can't do that!"

"I'll be calling the house during my breaks. If you don't answer either of those times, I'm going to put you under house arrest."

"That's not fair! I didn't do anything," I lied again.

"I'll see you at 6."

He started backing away from the driveway. When the car was off the curve, he sped down the road. I kicked our trash can. He can't do that. Not when the vargulf is out there. He doesn't know what's going on. He doesn't understand. And he needs to stop Roman for everything that I do.

》》》》

Which is what I told him when I was in his car. I could see his hands tighten around the steering wheel. Besides that, he saw Peter and Letha having lunch. I know he's overprotective of her, but come on, it's Peter. He's a nice guy. Funny. Letha will love him.

Roman looked at Peter through the rear view mirror. "So, did you and my cousin have a pleasant lunch?" I wanted to groan. Not now, Roman. "Huh?"

Peter smiled. "Nutrition!" He pointed out. "They don't call it lunch anymore."