Twenty-Eight

Man, what the hell did I do last night? My body was sore when I woke up. The light peering from my room. I looked to my left hoping to find Roman there, but he wasn't. Weird. I thought Roman was going to be next to me when I woke up. Maybe he got up early. I got out of bed and made my way downstairs. I spotted Uncle Cam making breakfast. He turned around and smiled when he realized I was there.

"Morning, sleepyhead," he said. He flipped a pancake as I leaned against the doorway. "I'm making your favorite. Blueberry pancakes."

I nodded, not really craving pancakes. "Uncle Cam, have you seen Roman?"

He looked confused. "Roman slept over?" I nodded again. "Sorry, Lyanna. I haven't seen him." I went over and sat down. "I'm actually surprised that he's not here. Maybe that's why I'm in a good mood. He's finally learning how to give you some space."

I furrowed my brows again. "Giving me some space. Cam -"

He sighed. "I know. You love him. He loves you. You're still mad about the move. But, Lyanna, this move is good."

I ignored the rest of his conversation. I took my phone out and called Roman. It rang a few times before it went to voicemail. I tried again but he wasn't answering. What the hell? Why isn't he answering? All we did was watch movies and went to bed. He calmed down a bit after that, so why isn't he answering? What if he went after Peter? Or what if he's yelling at Letha for sleeping with Peter?

I snapped back to reality when Cam set a plate in front of me and finished talking. "And maybe this long distance thing can work. At least Roman won't hurt you in the long run."

"Roman won't hurt me," I responded immediately. I got up from my spot.

"Hey, where are you going?"

I grabbed my jacket. "I need to find Roman."

Cam grabbed my arm before I could make it to the door. "Lyanna, wait. You can't just go looking for Roman whenever he's not here."

"Uncle Cam, I can't really explain it, but Roman was supposed to be here." It's like this feeling in my gut is telling me that he was supposed to wake up next to me. "And he's not. Something must have happened."

I tried to go again, but he pulled me back. "No. Nothing happened. This is you two clinging on to each other. Roman probably had enough and went out to find someone else. Have you ever thought that Roman isn't this God you placed on a pedestal and is actually a little cheat?"

"Roman wouldn't do that to me," I defended him

Cam raised his brow. "So the bratty Godfrey isn't out placing his dick in other girls? Come on, Lyanna. Roman is the type of guy who would cheat when he sees a girl with a huge rack."

"Roman wouldn't do that to me, Uncle Cam!" I snapped. Uncle Cam's grip slackened. "You don't know Roman like I do. He may do irresponsible things. Sure, he can be a jerk at times. But I know he loves me no matter what. And you might be my guardian, but you're not my father. My dad would put his hatred for Roman aside and be happy for me. If Dad was here, then he would have gotten his jacket and help me look for him instead of arguing with me." I yanked my arm away from him and started walking out. "And you're not going to help me find him. So I'll look for him myself."

"Lyanna," Cam called out. I ignored him as I opened the door. "Lyanna!" Then I slammed it in his face.

》》》》

I drove all around Hemlock Grove and couldn't find Roman. I wanted to call Peter, but he's probably mad at Roman and wants nothing to do with him. I checked our usual hangout spots and his favorite spots and couldn't find him. This is all one deja vu from last night. I decided to try his house. Maybe he went home after all. I didn't want to think about Roman cheating on me. He's not. I know he's not. He wouldn't hurt me like that.

I knocked on the door a few times. Shelley opened the door. I was about to greet her but she wrapped her arms around me. I was a bit confused at first but I hugged her. Shelley held on to me tightly.

"Shelley," I choked out. "Choking. Not breathing." Then she released me. I gave her a concerned look. "Are you ok?"

She shook her head before taking her phone out. She typed a few things before the robotic voice said, "Roman. He's hurt."

My eyes widen. "Where is he?"

Shelley typed again. "Attic."

I bolted up the stairs. I could hear Shelley behind me. I went towards the attic and froze in my spot. Roman laid on one of the hospital beds with IVs hooked to him. Why is he here? Why isn't he in the hospital? I went over. My mouth flew open as I cupped his cheeks. The only thing that showed me he's alive was the way his chest is moving.

"What happened to you?" I breathed.

"He had a little episode," I heard Olivia said. I turned around. "He went to Doctor Pryce. Apparently, Roman wasn't right in the head at the moment. He had to sedate him and he hasn't woken up since."

Tears pricked my eyes. "But he will wake up, right?"

Olivia walked over and wrapped her arms around me. "I don't know."

》》》》

A/N: Lyanna, get away from her!!!!!