|07|

Monica's POV

I'm all alone in the living room catching up to the latest 'Stranger Things' episodes when I hear someone at the front porch. It's 2am and everyone has fallen asleep by now.

I lurk through the door viewer, only to see Brandon and Rose getting back from their date night.

I know this is a private moment, and I know that I shouldn't be lurking, but curiosity speaks louder than everything else so I pause the TV show and try to listen to what they're saying.

"Let's not make this awkward" – he said.

"I think it already is" Touché

"Why can't you look at me?" – he said stepping closer to her.

Oh shoot, will he kiss her?

"Oh, I didn't mean to-"

"Why can't I touch you?" – he stepped again – "I swear I've never met someone like you."

'I've never met someone like you' ? How cliché...

"I don't know either, I just can't help but to act different when I'm around you"

What are you even saying, honey? - I thought, face palming myself.

"I've been craving those lips all night" – he said stepping a little closer.

Oh, it's happening!

"If I went out with some other girl wearing that little dress of yours..." – he said smirking a little.

Eww perv! The dress is not even hers smh.

"But you're different. You intrigue me with your actions."

What does that even mean? Is he drunk or something?

He leaned in and gave her a peck on the cheek.

A peck? On the fucking cheek? Is he kidding me?

"See you tomorrow, good night" – he said after driving off.

Suddenly I see Rose walking towards the door, trying to find her keys, and I know this is my cue to sit in front of the TV and pretend nothing happened.

"Oh hey Monica! Still awake?"

"Yeah, I'm just catching up on 'Stranger Things'"

She looks over at the TV then turns to me again.

"Why is it on pause?"

"Because... I- I went to the kitchen to hm, to drink some water and I just got here"

"Oh"

"How was the date?" – I asked, not able to hold my curiosity any longer.

She pretended not to listen and ran upstairs into her room.

"What the heck?" – I said following her.

"Was it that bad?"

"No, it wasn't bad at all. It was amazing"