|17|

Narrator's POV

While the girls went out to have their little shopping day, back at their house they left Rose, who was excited to finally have some alone time to write. Not that she didn't like to spend time with her best friends, but she was craving some alone time to write, since Brandon had seen potencial on her drafts.

She grabbed her notebook and went upstairs to their studio and started writing from where she had left.

A few hours later she was done with the song. She was also crying her eyes out.

She felt relieved and she felt free.

Allow me to explain:

A few years ago, back when the girls were still on high school, she had her first and only boyfriend. The first person she opened up to, the first person she truly loved, Jason.

At first everything was fine, they got along really well. He would pick her up before school, take her on cute dates, bought her flowers, spent afternoons with her, have dinner with her and her parents...

Their relationship was their little secret tho, since Rose believed that what no one knows, no one can ruin. She was wrong.

All of a sudden he changed, he wasn't sweet anymore and all he would care about was making out and try to get in her pants. She would explain that she wasn't ready and that she was too young, but he kept insisting. He knew she loved him so he would take advantage of her, saying things like "How can you say you love me when can't even fully commit", things that made it seem like it was all her fault. Which she eventually started believing.

One day, Jason got back to being his sweet self, which she found odd, but didn't mind since she got to have her relationship back. Little did she know that he was satisfying his needs with somebody else, someone who wouldn't turn him down, the popular girl of the school: Alexa.

Now, when this happened Alexa and Rose weren't friends yet. Also Alexa was clueless about their relationship, everyone was, like I said it was their little secret.

When Rose found out about him cheating she felt her heart break in her chest, she had never been betrayed like this. She wouldn't eat, she would cry everyday, she wouldn't talk to her family. She took refuge in books and in her music.

Months passed by and Jason and Alexa were officially dating. At least that's what Alexa thought. Jason had turned into this heart breaker playboy and would cheat on her on a daily basis.

Rose didn't exactly like Alexa, even if she knew that Alexa didn't know about their relationship. Still she couldn't stand the fact that someone else was going through the same horrible thing she did at some point.

That's when she decided to tell Alexa what was going on, which Alexa wasn't happy about at first. In reality she was mad furious and felt extremely humiliated. That feeling fueled her big revenge plan, in which Rose ended up taking part. They turned out to be good friends (even if with very different personalities) over a sweet and cold revenge.

Although everything seemed fine after the two girls were done with Jason, they were both scarred and ended up adopting different ways to cope with it. Rose closed up more than she was already, afraid that more boys would try to fool her and humiliate her. Alexa, on the other hand, felt used for pleasure, which led her to give up on all serious relationships and to use boys just for fun, no feelings involved.