|14|

Rose's POV

Last night was so much fun. Actually, I think I haven't had that much fun in a long time. Guess I'm always so immersed in work that I forget what it's like to go out with friends.

I smile as I remember mine and Zion's victory. When I first saw him, never would I ever imagine that I'd be close friends with him.

Can you imagine it has been two weeks since we met the guys? Two weeks ago I was shaking at the idea of working with another band. I'm glad it all turned out okay!

I get out of my bed, carefully, so I don't wake up Alexa, who must've gotten home this morning. I wonder what this girl was up to...

I open one of my bedside table drawers from where I take my little baby blue notebook. After that, I made my way out of the room and into our office/recording studio in the attic.

Yesterday, Brandon said that some of my drafts were really good, which motivated me to sit down and try to turn them into something better. Who knows maybe I might come up with a great new song.

You've been playing wicked games
You know what to do to me
I tried to stay steady, Imma leave
But you try to make me misbehave
Fucking up my energy
One day I'll be over all them wicked games, yeah yeah yeah

I remember being so mad when I wrote this. So broken by the first person I trusted.

I put my headphones on and let my fingers run through the launch pad, making a base rhythm. When I'm happy with the beat, I put it on loop and start adding in some back up vocals.

As I was in my jamming session when my beautiful friends decided to come up and interrupt me.

"Having fun without us?" – Anne said.

"Felt like jamming a little" – I said, quietly hiding my notebook. There's no way I can be vulnerable and actually write something now.

"Oh my God! Remember when we used to come up here and sing all night, Rose would be on the piano, Joana on the guitar..." – Anne spoke again.

"Yeah, I remember we had so much fun" – Joana said.

"Why did we stop tho?" – Monica asked.

"I really can't remember... Why don't we do it now?" – I asked.

"I have an idea! Let's write a song together. Like someone starts with a sentence and we just go around saying sentences from there!" – Joana suggested.

"Lame..." – Monica said, grabbing the camera to record this moment.

"Rude" – Joana said, and Monica smiled.

(...)

We spent the morning playing our little game, laughing here and there at some stupid sentences that were being said, mainly by Anne.

By the time we finished Alexa was already awake and came upstairs too.

"Hey Lex!" – we greeted and Monica pointed the camera to her.

"Hi girlies, what are you up to? I was hearing the instruments."

"Oh, we were playing a writing game! Do you wanna hear some of it?" – I offered, excited to show her what we created.

She nodded and I sang the chorus.

I made a few mistakes, I regret it nightly
I broke a couple hearts always have them with me
My momma always said, "Girl, you're trouble" and
And now I wonder, could you fall for a girl like me
And every time we touch, boy, you make me feel weak
I can tell you're shy and I think you're so sweet